⋆ ★gof ⟿ the second task★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N's P.O.V. 

Term started up once more, and Y/N was severely disappointed. It was hard going into her classes knowing what she now knew. Of her curse. Of course, she'd told Hermione every little detail - she could never keep anything from Herms. St. Mungos didn't know when they'd be able to have Remus and Y/N back, but informed the two that they'd letter immediately. 

Remus presumed it would most likely be sometime in March, or late February, since the Hospital was packed.

Y/N had packaged the jewelry that Rosetta Diggory sent her for the Yule Ball, and lettered it back to the woman. A day or two later, she had received the same package with a letter. 

"Y/N, sweetie! 

I did say you could keep it all - Christmas gift, remember? 

How was your time at the Yule Ball? I haven't spoken to my brother, Elijah's dad, in forever...nor his mother, but I remember when Elijah was young. Very sweet boy, my nephew is - how was he as a date? 

- Aunt Ettie"

Y/N smiled and placed the package on her nightstand, beside her odd mirror, and wrote back. Just a simple letter about how the Ball went okay...even though it really didn't. She just wanted Aunt Ettie to be happy, because obviously, it wasn't Elijah's fault. 

Back to more pressing things, the curse. It was always at the back of her mind, something to fall back on when a room fell silent. It was so easy to overthink.

She hadn't told Harry anything, obviously, nor Ron, because that information would be relayed directly to Harry.

Harry...

She had to be around Harry regularly now. It was fucking terrible. 

Whenever she was around them, they barely spoke. At all. The tension was at an all-time high, so thick you could probably cut it with Selene's knife.

She tried to avoid being with him as much as possible, though, but sometimes it was inevitable. The group would sit together in the common room to discuss Rita Skeeter's article and how Hagrid hadn't shown his face in forever. 

The man wasn't doing any of his duties are Groundskeeper, and wasn't even teaching his own classes. That's right - their Care of Magicial Creatures class had been filled in by a short, elderly witch called Professor Grubbly-Plank... 

Now, on Saturday, the quartet was pulling on their cloaks, wrapping them tightly around themselves, and their scarves. It was about mid-January and absolutely freezing outside, but they desired to go to Hogsmeade. They wanted to go to see if they would run into Hagrid.