Chapter 2: The Return of Sallow

There was no way. MC stood there in disbelief.

Sebastian Sallow stood a mere three feet away, head low, with his shoulders strong and upright. He was dressed In a clean black dress shirt that cling to his torso perfectly. The emerald tie hung in the center of his chest, which matched the emerald suit coat. Black trousers and black dress shoes. If it were not for his eyes, you would never know the horror he might have adored in Azkaban. He was looking down at Mc, like he was trying to understand what was happening in MC's mind.

Well, MC's mind was currently exploding with a million thoughts. She thought back to Ominis earlier and why he mentioned the past, yet Professor Weasley stated the same thing. Did Ominis know? Was he trying to tell MC, and yet she just did not listen to him because of her damn feelings? Didn't want to relive the past? Visit those nightmares that played nearly every night when she tried to sleep?

Wait, did Imelda know too? Is that why Ominis said, "We care"?!? "We want to see you happy?" How was THIS going to make her happy? Did Ominis know about her crush back then? Did Sebastian know? Why is he here?

Professor Weasley said, "I wanted you to be the first", yet Ominis seemed to know. Imelda too. Did everyone but MC know? Merlin himself is probably shacking his head as MC's foolishness. How could she have not seen it?

With those thoughts and more, MC's mind was spinning faster, the room started spinning with it, and it only worsened when she saw Sebastian close the distance and grab her. Then everything went dark.

Sebastian Sallow POV

Earlier in the Day:

It has been a long time since Sebastian felt sun on his skin. Since his release from Azkadan, Sebastian has been under the watchful eye of the Ministry. The ministry decided that his "probation" would be two hellish years working side by side Aurors'. Which Sebastian did not mind until he realized his imprisonment was just switched from one prison to another. The Aurors' made it their goal to remind him that he would always be nothing more than a murderer and a prisoner to the end of time. Bastards.

Yet, Sebastian has been working with the asshole Aurors' to track down wanted criminals and sending them straight to the hell he endure for five years. A fate worse than death, yet he survived. What does that make him? Not sane that is for sure.

Sebastian spent a lot of his time alone during his time in Azaskban; avoiding dementors during the nightly raids and staying silence while other inmates tried to start fights and/or escapes. It was a lonely time in the dark. Sebastian wondered if Ominis and Anne even thought of him.

He knew Anne hated him, given by her brutal testimony during his trial. His sister was as headstrong as him, and with everything that happened with their uncle, he did not blame her for hating him. It actually made it easier for him to be in prison, knowing she hated him. What did not make it easy was when Ominis explained that he would be taking her in.

Sebastian knew Ominis was only looking out for Anne and himself. Anne all alone in the aftermath was not ideal and even though Sebastian wanted to comfort his twin, Anne did not want anything to do with him. That hurt deeply, but he understood. Yet, something was off putting with Ominis being so nice. Ominis was so upset with him and what he did with the dark arts, yet he was more than willing to help Anne. He always had a soft spot for Anne. Always wanted to come with Sebastian when he went home.

At first Sebastian thought it was to help keep peace between himself and his uncle, or to feel the sense of family Ominis would never get from his own. Yet, MC pointed out the last time they all visited Folcroft that Ominis seem to be very fond of Anne. Helping her up and down, walking beside her when they went outside. Always together. Maybe Ominis did in fact like his twin sister. Ominis would never admit. They would be good together, so maybe MC was right.