To The Vast Sea

[AN: Since I'm going by the Manga, I'll skip Septem. Sorry Nero Fans.]

.

.

.
After handling things in the Rome Singularity, it was finally time to approach the third singularity. Still, the group took a much-needed reprieve to regain their strength.
However.

"Anyone want to explain why Kiyohime is here?" Ritsuka, who was up early due to the person in question, said with a tired voice, eyes sunken from a lack of sleep.

Roman shook his head as he drank some juice.

"In the first singularity, you two linked pinky fingers; it may have been a secret way to make a contract. Anyway, this 30-year-old bachelor has no clue!"

Roman continued. "Don't worry, Kiyohime is our ally; Leonardo made a thorough check."

"If you say so," Ritsuka breathed a small sigh of relief. "Although she seems very...different."

Kiyohime froze, a stiff smile appearing on her face. "It's...because..."

"is keeping her in check. Supposedly, one of his skills makes most Dragons subservient, so she's not overly rambunctious."
Ritsuka blinked before cupping her chin.

"Really? That'll be useful for the battles ahead."

"Anyway, the next rayshift is ready," Roman pointed to the dot on the big screen. "As you can see, it's over the sea, set in 1573. There's been a major change to the geography."

"I see. Is it possible to rayshift there?"

"Of course. Rayshift technology is advancing day by day. At the very least, you shouldn't come out over the sea."
.

.

.

"Well, it technically wasn't above the sea. I didn't think you'd come out on top of the clouds, though."

"If it wasn't for Malzeno transforming, I'm sure Senpai would've been drastically injured or even killed!" Mash shouted at Roman, who cringed in his seat.

"Remind me to skewer the coward when we return!"

The group for this Singularity was Malzeno, Mash, and Cu Chulainn.

Kiyohime, Artoria, and Jalter remained behind. Artoria and Jalter were helpful in the Second Singularity and decided to be sub-members. Kiyohime had no choice but to stay behind as she was quite afraid of Malzeno.

"I didn't mean any harm! Cut me some slack."

"You slack too much, Doctor," Malzeno shook his head with a frown. "But no matter, what's done is done."

"Ha...just be careful," Roman was thankful that Malzeno wasn't on his case too much.

"We should get a grasp of the situation; there is no need to worry about what happened," Ritsuka said with a bright smile, seemingly unbothered by what had transpired not long ago.

"We seem to be on an Island; I can sense life here," Malzeno sniffed the air, his senses reaching their peak to ensure everyone was safe.

"Aye, I can feel it too," Cu added, his infamous spear Gae Bolg nowhere to be seen.

"Look up there! The ring of light is here too," Mash got everyone's attention, the scene before them setting an ominous reminder of the mission they're embarking on.

"Unfortunately, we still don't know what it is, so it's best we ignore it for now."

"The doctor is right. Let's ignore that for now," Malzeno concurred with Roman's judgment.