Chapter 4: Waterfall Cave

Persona 4 - Aria of the Soul (start)

When you finally come to, you find yourself back in the Velvet Room. Igor and Margaret still sitting in the same places as they were last time.

Igor: Welcome back to the Velvet Room my dear young man. It seems that you have finally awakened to the power inside you. And now, we can tell you of our purpose. And that is to help you harness and unlock the full potential of your power.

Y/n: But... what kind of power is this exactly?

Igor: The power you have awakened to is called Persona. A Persona is your true self made manifest. And you my friend, are a special case. 

With a wave of his hand, Igor summoned your Soul.

Igor: Normally, a human would have only one Soul trait. Frisk and Chara for instance, have red Souls. Souls of determination. You on the other hand, are what we call a Wild Card. And with this Soul, you have the ability to call forth other Persona's as well.

Margaret: The creatures you defeated are called Shadows. Shadows are created when someone rejects who they are. And in the Underground, the monster's have done things that they aren't proud of. But instead of accepting what they have done, they reject it and thus Shadows are born. Upon defeating them, you may see a glimpse of who they truly are. Take that chance to reach out to them. If you wish to gain stronger, come to me and I may be able to help you.

Igor: And to ensure that you use the Velvet Room to its fullest, I am giving you a special gift.

Igor holds out his hand and a sudden glow appears in yours. Once the glow dies down, its revealed to be a blue key.

Igor: This is the Velvet Key. Use this key on any door and it will become a doorway here. Feel free to come visit whenever you feel the need. Until we meet again.

Persona 4 - Aria of the Soul (end)

~~3rd Person pov~~

It was early in the morning when Frisk awoke. Or at least that was what the time on the clock said. It had been a few days since Y/n had awoken to his mysterious power. Opening the door to the guest room, she was expecting to see Y/n still asleep, but it was the opposite. Y/n was sitting up in the bed, groggy from having been out for so long. Frisk couldn't contain herself and rushed ahead, crying out his name and tackling Y/n into a bone crushing hug.

Frisk: Y/n, I'm so glad you're okay!

Y/n: Frisk... can't... breathe.

She quickly lets go, allowing him to take a deep breath. 

Frisk: Sorry, I'm just so glad you're finally awake.

Y/n: Wait, how long was I out for?

Frisk: You were out for about three days. Or at least that's what the clocks were saying. 

Y/n: Three days... wait, how's Chara and Pepita?

Frisk: Chara's arm is doing fine. And Pepita was a little shaken up, but she's doing alright. If anything, we were all worried about you. And wondering about what happened with you.

Y/n wondered what Frisk meant by that, until he suddenly remembered what had happened. Holding out his hand and focusing hard, the same card appeared once more. 

Frisk: Y/n... What's going on?

Y/n: I... Don't really know. But I do know what happened. And I should probably tell the others too. 

Frisk: Alright, I'll go let the others know. Take your time and come down when you're ready.

Y/n nods and Frisk leaves to gather the others. Getting up from the bed, he walks over to the bathroom and looks himself over in the mirror. Still the same, even after everything. Taking a deep breath, Y/n opens the door to the guest room and heads towards the living room. Once he had reached the living room, the others were down there waiting for him. The tie on Chara's arm was replaced with an actual bandage wrap.