one

01 : FIRED AFFER A MONTH

"val..." kim angel whispered, trying to rouse her resting best friend.

sio valentine shifted in bed, finally facing her best friend with an annoyed expression. "what do you want?"

"hey, let's not get too grumpy," angel frowned, a little smirk on her lip, hoping to lighten valentine's mood.

valentine sighed, her voice muffled by her pillow. "what is it, angel?"

"do you think we should head to work?" angel asked, playing with the bracelet on her wrist.

valentine sat up, realizing the situation. "oh, shit. yeah, we should. we've missed too many shifts this month; they might fire us if we don't show up."

the two worked at wingstop together—

yes, at wingstop.

—though their teamwork often led to chaos. they'd bicker, take ages for orders, and joke around with customers—sometimes a bit too much. their attendance record wasn't stellar either, and they were well aware they were skating on thin ice with their managers.

"damn, i really dont wanna goo!" angel whined as she kicked her legs off the ledge of the pink haired girls bed.

"too bad, we're gonna get fired and then we will end up on the streets so get your lazy bum up." the older female grumbled while she stood up walking to her closet in hopes to find something suitable for today.

"its not like we get paid much anyways, we're missing like all of our shifts so our paycheck is literally like $48 because we work one day." angel added

valentine grumbled her way to their closet.

ever since they hit tenth grade, they'd lived together, though their inseparability dated back even further.

however, their living arrangement was not solely based on friendship.

angel's parents had become harsher over the years, leading to constant fights and arguments. eventually, angel got kicked out for something as trivial as getting a b on her math exam. she turned to valentine, who accepted her into her new home.