Prologue Part 2 - A Plan in Motion

King Boo floated on the roof of the lavish 'Last Resort' hotel, 'pacing' feverishly about like a man deep in thought. He was deep in thought; it wasn't like he could do much else, waiting around for his guests to arrive. Today was the day, after all– it said it on the invitation. That pesky green plumber, his brother, and two other unsuspecting imbeciles would meet their doom in the golden hotel walls, and he could barely wait.

Rather unluckily, though, was how the mushroom posse was running late. He couldn't even count on them to be on time. Tch, typical. At least he knew they were coming. That insufferable hotel owner had confirmed it that morning.

"Oh, King Boo!~" Speak of the devil, and she really shall appear, hm? The Boo visibly slumped, a low growl forming at his lips as the hotel owner, 'Hellen Gravely' appeared on the roof. "What is it?" He snapped. He didn't have anything better to do, but he would rather that than be bothered by her. A coy smile formed on her lips, seemingly oblivious to the king's disdain. "Your boos have returned." She cooed, stroking her Polterkitty as she spoke. "The plumbers are on their way." Boo perked up and a large grin spread across his face.

"Good." He hummed. "Perhaps now we can finally get this plan into motion." The King made a gesture for Hellen to leave with his nub hand, resuming his watch over the land. In a few minutes he was going to remove the veil of darkness over the hotel to give it a more inviting appearance for his 'guests'. The more deceiving, the better.

Despite the warning to leave, Hellen lingered, twiddling her ghastly violet thumbs together. "If I may, King Boo, I have–" King Boo growled and glanced over at her glowing figure.

"Can't you just leave without blabbing on?!" He lamented, his smile twisting into a scowl. "What is it you feel is so important to disturb me?" The ghost seemed a bit taken aback by his outburst, but cleared her throat. "Well... I have also received information about the plumber's plus ones. Mario has Princess Peach and a few of her Toads accompanying him," The King of Boos rolled his crystallized eyes. Of course. "But Luigi has brought someone we haven't seen before in this kingdom."

This piqued the monarch's interest, and he finally turned fully to face the woman behind him. "Oh?" He queried. "And who might this mysterious specimen be, Hellen?"

"Your boos believed them to be the current ruler of the Kingdom of Gloom, sir." King Boo stopped cold. The Kingdom of Gloom? He hadn't heard of that region before. Could it have been..? No, there was no way. The large boo growled at the mere thought, the air around him shifting to be colder– not that it was noticed by either of the ghosts on the roof. He turned around to face the hotel owner, who was applying mountains of makeup to her face.

"Interesting. Perhaps I can make something out of this." He mused, tapping a nub to his chin as he slowly started down into the building below, the gem nestled in his crown beginning to glow brilliantly. "Perhaps... not every mortal entering this hotel will leave it in a frame..." He muttered after, lowly enough for Hellen to not be able to hear him.

"Enough dilly dallying!" He suddenly shouted, causing Ms. Gravely to almost drop her compact mirror. King Boo's crown cast a giant pink beam into the sky, and the night faded away into a brilliant day, the once gloomy looking hotel transformed into that of a golden sheen, and all of the staff inside of the hotel that were going to encounter the guests scrambled to put on the disguises they were given.

"Don't mess this up for me, Gravely." King Boo growled, locking eyes with the nervous hotel owner as he slipped down into the Master Suite. "You might have broken me out of that frame, but I'm not above trapping you in one."

Hellen gulped. "Y-yes, King Boo," Was all she managed to say before he had disappeared into the lavish hotel, content that his long awaited plan was finally in motion.