Incarnation 11 : Teachery

“Felix, wait!”

I don't know why, but Felix runs away from me whereas when he treats me, he is pleasant.  Did he just hear something about... What if... Without wasting time, I call on Beatrice:

“Betty, my Betty, did Felix plant something on me like a spy?”

"Who, Louis-chan? Felix? Why do you ask? Felix-san is not known for such nefarious acts, I suppose. He is a good-hearted and hardworking boy... Are you sure?  Wasn’t that your imagination, Louis-chan?”

She raises her eyebrows innocently, not understanding why I would suspect Felix in the first place.  Ah Betty, you should know that I never trust rumors.

"...That's strange, Louis-chan. What exactly did Felix do you suspect? Surely you didn't think he would do such a thing just because he was avoiding you?  "

She watches with a worried expression, trying to figure out what exactly happened between me and Felix.

"He's known for his good nature and good works, I guess. There's no way he'd do such a thing to you, Louis-chan. He really cares about you."

"Satella was a good person before and that's how I ended up. Until I know the truth, I have to ask her. I've been smelling the snitch ever since it healed my past wounds  . I want to know if he planted it on me or not."

And yes.  Before she became a psychopath whose personality split in two, she was a pleasant person and yet it was not the witch of envy who killed me but her.  Also, I never really get comfortable at Satella.

I told him yes at the time but when you think about it an intelligent person wouldn't ask the person he betrayed to trust him again.  So I said that to test his common sense;  what it ultimately lacks since absorbing the authority of envy.  And again, I blame him while knowing that it's not entirely his fault.

"I see... If that's the case, then asking Felix directly would be a good place to start, I suppose. I'm sure Felix-san cares a lot about you, Louis-chan, and would never dream of betraying  your confidence. Besides, the smell doesn't indicate anything, Louis-chan. Felix-san is the last person you should suspect, I'm sure."

She gives me a reassuring smile and pats your head, wanting to allay my suspicions and worries;  except it doesn't work.

"If the spy was placed by Felix and under Crusch's orders then they know my identity even if I'm supposed to be hiding."

Iluso Magician Omni Terrera.

This name must only be known by the Astrea or the people to whom I reveal this.  If Felix knows it and moreover in a roundabout way it is the worst betrayal for me currently.  Beatricd nods in understanding as I explain my reasoning to her.*

"That makes sense, Louis-chan. But... why would Felix want to spy on you? And why would Crusch allow him to do such a thing? It just doesn't make sense, Louis-chan.  Felix cares about me a lot and Crusch-sama is very trusting of his allies. It just doesn't seem right to suspect Felix or Crusch-sama..."

She tilts her head in confusion, yet unable to understand why he remains so adamant that Felix or Crusch-sama are the culprits.  And yet... My intervention at the selection, the fact that I am the knight of Emilia, the fact that Roswaal knows me and that I am familiar with Reinhard.

"It's a guess because you know very well what will happen if everyone knows that the magician of Iluso Omni Terrera is alive"

She frowns slightly at my words.

"You're right, Louis-chan... If word gets out about your true identity, you will be in danger. But why does that make you believe that Felix or Camp Crusch are to blame?"

Re Zero : Incarnation जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें