Chapter One

A/N: Helloooo, its been a long time since I've wrote and published a fic but I just couldn't not write this because I'm still in denial over the fact that upstead are actually divorced.

I miss them so much so i thought i would write a fix it fic for 11x01 and see where it goes

Title is from Us by James Bay

═════ ◈ ═════

After the wreckage
After the dust
I still hear the howling, I still feel the rush
Over the riots, above all the noise
Through all the worry, I still hear your voice

So, tell me how to be in this world
Tell me how to breathe in and feel no hurt
Tell me how 'cause I believe in something
I believe in us

Tell me when the light goes out
That even in the dark we will find a way out
Tell me now 'cause I believe in something
I believe in us

═════ ◈ ═════

Jay felt like he had been shot in the chest. This was the last thing he was expecting when he opened his mail, okay maybe he was expecting it a little bit but it still stung.

He stared down at the papers in his hands, is this really what she wanted?

Divorce, she wanted a divorce.

If that's what she wanted then he would give it to her, all he wanted was for her to be happy and if divorcing him was what made her happy then he would give that to her.

One of his team mates in the unit came up to him and clapped him on the back.

"Anything interesting?" Samuel asked before seeing the papers in his hands "oh shit Jay, man sorry, I-"

"It's okay Sam, honestly" Jay gave the younger man a sad smile.

"Hey you know i can take your place today if you want to stay here?"

"Thanks for the offer but i'm good, i would rather be out there"

"You uh you gonna sign them?"

"If that's what she wants"

"Maybe you should talk to he-"

"MEN, WERE LEAVING" came their sergeant's voice.

"Catch you later Sam" Jay told him and gave him a small tap on the shoulder, shoved the papers back into his pigeon hole and made his way over to their sergeant for their next mission.

═════ ◈ ═════

Hailey stared at the boxes around her new apartment, well new was a bit of a stretch. She had been there five months, almost six and had yet to unpack pretty much everything, she was still pulling her clothes out of boxes every morning and only putting them away after she had washed them.

She hasn't let herself cry with the lawyer, she hadn't let herself cry when she got the papers and she hadn't let herself cry when she mailed them off to Jay a few weeks back.

She didn't know when he would get them but they were sent now and everything was on him.

Somewhere deep down she hoped that it made him realise the full extent of what he had done, maybe he hasn't got it from the broken up phone calls they very rarely shared.