02. Shadows in the Abyss

Shadows in the Abyss

【 Shadows in the Abyss 】

"I wanna contribute

to the caos!"

...

For someone who holds himself in high esteem, mortality seemed like a game. So, something like this was a blow to her fragile ego.

A subtle metallic click, an unmistakable sound of a gun's safety being removed. Her heart raced as she tried to discern the direction of the threat. Her antennae moved in all directions. A swift hum cut through the air near her, on her cheek, caressing the phantom sensation of the scar over her right eye.

The distorted resonance of an impact against the wall left her perplexed. While it does her no use doing so, Aimy opened her eyes in shock. She recognizes that sound too well for her taste and privilege: angelic metal.

Well, shit. How bad could her situation be from now on?

They actually messed on her cute and cuddly monotony today.... So... she's bad enough with feeling the old death threat she thought she'd dismissed years ago.

She's screwed in every way.

Great. What is left for you to do for now? Exactly. 

Run for her second fuckin' life. Of course she does.

The men chasing her, their sleek shark grins biting through the darkness, dropped a trail of drool onto the roadway. The screeching of sharp metal-holy teeth made Aimy's skin cower.

This seemed utterly absurd and surreal to her, that she was so soon back to old routines when she really tried hard to keep her guard down. Why was it that when she tried hard it was when things failed? From now on she would stop trying and let things flow.

Lord, she'd never felt these levels of stress again.

The neon glow of Pentagram City's twisted skyline cast eerie shadows as Aimy ran through the labyrinthine alleyways. The chill of the night enveloped her like a pernicious embrace, and the distant echo of her footsteps was drowned out by the rapid beating of her heart. She should have brought something more covered, but she wasn't exactly supposed to be in the middle of a chase today, right now she should be too hot and high at the disco. But already the adrenaline was giving her something similar, so she wasn't that far away from her target.

On the way, she saw a man being thrown out of the window from inside a bar, and tried to stop his escape to avoid the collision. However, Aimy did not make it in time. She rolled on the ground together with the man and, when Aimy took off again to run away, she looked down at her shoes; her heel had broken.

"Oh great... Now this!" Her feathers dropped down disappointedly.

"Watch where you're going bitch!!"

"You look what you did to my stilettos!!! They were brand new asshole!!! Go reproach whoever threw you like a sack of potatoes in the first place!! I'm in the middle of a chase!" Aimy pulled off her broken heel and was about to poke him eye out when she saw the sharks round the corner.