chapter two

"HWANG HYUNJIN."

Hyunjin froze up as he heard the voice of his second eldest hyung scream his name. Lee Minho was crazy, though he doubted he would scream his name all over the house they shared.

"Yes, Minho-hyung?"

"WHAT IS THIS?"

Hyunjin looked up from his screen, texting his younger sister while he peered up at Jisung's phone screen which Minho was holding right up to his face. It was a Soompi article, the headline screaming, "STRAY KIDS HYUNJIN AND REVERIE'S HAEUN SEEN TOGETHER INSIDE A COFFEE SHOP WEARING MATCHING OUTFITS."

Hyunjin pulled a face as he saw the picture of him and Haeun in the cafe they were in a few days ago. Scrolling down, he quickly read the news, rolling his eyes at some parts.

Sights of Stray Kids Hyunjin and Reverie's Haneul have briefly been seen regarding a recent video allegedly of the two stars on a date at a coffee shop near the JYP building.

On July 18th a video spread on social media with the two idols sharing drinks at a coffee shop while having a cheerful conversation, the caption of being, "I'm jealous of those two. I'm single forever 😭". The two were quickly identified at Hyunjin and Haeun from the comments section and Videos spread rapidly around the internet by their date.

The comments were clear to show that the two were wearing matching outfits and had sweet smiles on their face as if enjoying the date.

When reached out for a response by media outlet Sports Seoul, JYP Entertainment, (the company of both idols) the entertainment stated that an official announcement would be stated later on within the week.

Hyunjin and Haeun were first swept up in dating rumors a few months ago after being spotted at an arcade but it was soon shrugged off after it was soon seen that they had done a collaboration on TikTok.

Hyunjin sighed after reading it and tossed his phone aside just for Felix to come over and snatch it.

"Yongbok-ah, give me my phone back." Hyunjin groaned as he tried to reach for it, only for the younger to prance his way out of Hyunjin's grasp, grinning once Hyunjin gave up.

"He was texting Haeun!" Felix announced while showing Hyunjin's text to Minho who stared at it in disgust. He was in the middle of typing a goodnight to Haeun with a heart in the middle so it was no wonder.

"HYUNJIN'S DATING HAEUN! HYUNJIN'S DATING HAEUN."

Jisung spun around the room, entering with Chan, Changbin and Seungmin who pulled a face.

"Haeun from Reverie? Jeez, I feel sorry for her- Ow! Stop bullying your youngsters Hyunjin."

A pillow was thrown onto Seungmin's face, cutting him off and Hyunjin flopped onto his bed. "Everyone's misunderstood the situation. Now everyone thinks I'm dating her." He mumbled, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"Aren't you though?" Asked Jeongin who entered the room. "It seems quite convincing with the matching clothes."

"Alright, I don't think this is an interrogation room." Hyunjin sassed. "We're not dating."

"Not dating my ass, Innie's right. Unless you come up with a reasonable excuse on why you've been hiding a cute girlfriend from us-"

"For the last time, she's not my girlfriend."

"-Which I doubt so, she's your girlfriend." Ignored Jisung.

The thing was that Hyunjin had never told them that Haeun was his younger sister. Sure, they knew he had a sister but they never knew it was Haeun. They had sometimes joked about it but they had 0 idea.

"Oh god, you're making this so much harder than it's supposed to be, Ji." groaned Hyunjin. "She's my sister for god's sake."

The room fell awkward at the word sister. They suddenly all realised everything and mentally facepalmed on why they were so similar now.

"Oh." Felix said dumbly, still not processing properly.

"Haeun's your sister?" Chan asked, surprised.

"I didn't know that." Changbin added.

"No, We all knew. Changbin. No shit sherlock, we all didn't know so speak for all of us." Minho whitted, his tongue as sharp as ever.

Seungmin's eyes softened slightly at Hyunjin's stress. He understood what was going on as there was a rumor about him dating someone when he was at school, yet, here Hyunjin was as well, in a rumor with his sister.

"That's dumb of Soompi and everyone else to make assumptions." Jisung tutted.

"Ji, as much as I love you, so did we." Chan sighed.

"Who says?" Jisung retorted while Jeongin snorted.

"I'm not too sure if Haeun's gotten the message. She probably has though, Soyeon's high on twitter all the time. It's probably been seen by them anyway." Hyunjin shrugged, his stress seeping away bit by bit. "I'm thinking of the backlash she could get though." His eyes fell into concern again about this topic. "If we got into dating rumors and they all think it's true then..." His words trailed off but all the other members knew what he meant. Death threats.

It's common knowledge that lots if idols get death threats but dating with other idols made it worse. Sure, a lot of people were positive but there were negitive sides as well. Some idols even did that because of them...

"I'm worried about her." Hyunjin spoke truthfully. "Even though she might be partying about her 6th dating rumor," he chuckled softly, "I'm still worried. STAY is a big fandom and what if they don't accept it?"

A silence was heard, every brain was thinking of what to do, even Jisung's brain was turning over and over again, brainstorming.

"What if we reveal it to the public then?" Felix asked, his deep voice becoming soft and soothing. "It'll stop instantly."

"Yeah, but then Reverie would blow up."

"What's wrong with that?" Changbin questioned, his head tilting to the side.

"Reverie doesn't want to milk the fame off anyone else. They want it themselves. Selfish words, I know." Hyunjin smiled ruefully.

"Ask Haeun then. It's her choice after all."

"Ask her and my ass would be beat up."

"It's better to ask her than to leave the rumors like they are. It could literally get to the point where you can't see your sister." Chan sighed. "I doubt you would want that to happen."

Hyunjin snapped his head towards Chan so quickly that all the members were scared for his neck. "What? They can do that?"

"Yup. I think it happened to one of the 2nd gen soloists."

"WHAT?!?"