Chapter 25 - Foreverland

Leaves rustled and branches snapped as the rush of wind flew through the night air. Flickering lights in the distance fading away behind them as Dennis and Loppezz entered deeper into the woods. They couldn't stop, not now. Both having all they left with, their only chance of survival was the deep cover of woods and hills, however breathes ran short and knees began to ache.

"Can't we just stop here? If they find us we can take them!" Dennis said, exhausted.

"We can rest, just a little further," Loppezz advised, "As soon as we clear some water, we can bunker down for the night."

Their breaths felt empty in exhaustion as their energy slowly depleted. Dennis, following closely behind Loppezz, began to fade away from reality. The thoughts in his head slowly creeped in again for what he had done. He did not see Loppezz in front of him, but what the future may hold for her instead. The horrors she may face from escaping prison. Dennis was lost, in the woods and in his mind, losing focus he ran straight into Loppezz who stopped dead in her tracks.

"What the!?" Dennis screeched out, as he fell to the floor.

"Sssh!"

"What's wrong?"

"Shhh be quiet..." Loppezz whispered.

The wind softened around them and the leaves ceased to sway.

"I thought I heard-"

*Snap* A twig in the distance, behind them echoed through and the wind picked up once more.

"Who's there?!" Loppezz shouted, frantically looking around, "I warn you, we are heavily armed!"

"Yeah!" Dennis shouted nervously.

From the distance an orb glistened in the moonlight high in the sky, shifting the moon's gaze to light the way for a brief moment until darkness fell once more.

"Watch out, it's an ender pearl!" Loppezz exclaimed, pushing Dennis out of the way to ensure his safety.

The pearl landed in front of them, setting off a purple mist and a shadowy figure behind. The mist fading, but purple still remained, like it was a part of the shadow.

"It's okay! It's me! Kotuk!"

"Stay away!" Loppezz shouted, drawing her sword and standing in front of Dennis.

"Zombie sent me, I have a message."

Kotuk began to explain that Zombie was sorry he could not help. His duty was to spawn and its protection. The best he could do was direct the Brigade in another direction. But that all was okay, as they are currently not out looking for them. Kotuk took a brief pause before gathering his words.

"Zombie said, he understands your need to leave and firmly instructed not to come back anytime soon. That both of you have an advantage right now of becoming unseen and scattered and to use your time wisely. Oh, and to also give you this."

Kotuk reached into his bag and pulled out a book. Not just any book, but one that glimmered and shone in the light. Ancient texts orbiting it. Loppezz opened the book to see inside an endless reflection of herself, as if the book held an entire dimension within it.

"It's infinity," Kotuk explained, "He said it can help get you started and to remind you of what to fight for."

Loppezz's memory was cast back to a few weeks ago. Back when both herself and Zombie had met in these new lands and the disgust she had towards him for what he had done earlier. And one day, a chest appeared at her door, the sign reading "A Gift - Z" and inside the infinity book. At the time Loppezz did not wish to associate herself with him, but every day, the same chest, the same sign and the same book. Eventually she got the joke "Infinity" and thus created a fresh start between herself and Zombie.