Chapter two

Well, he could not keep standing. He either had to call someone or step out. She didn't even have the power to ask no one to help him out anyway, he thought. But even if he called someone, how would they give him a towel while he was cloth less?

“I have no time for this.” He dropped his phone on the counter, let out a breath, and decided to be confident to try to step out. Gently, he opened the door and just before he was about to step out, his eyes widened, and he screamed, “Ah!”

“Ah!” A loud scream came back at him. 

He hurried back in and shut the door. “Ronky? Is that you?”

“Yes! Why did you scream!” With a frightened voice, Aderonke Brown snarled. 

He breathed hard and pleaded, “I'm so sorry. Please, please, can you grab me a towel from my closet?”

“Okay!” She still sounded upset. As soon as she could grab him a towel, she traipsed to the door and knocked hard. “Here you go.”

He opened the door gently, stretched out his left arm with his whole body still in the bathroom, grabbed the towel quickly, and hurried to shut the door. “Thank you. Don't be upset, Ronky.” 

“Whatever.” She sighed. 

He sped-wiped his wet body, tied the towel around his waist, and stepped out. He let out a sigh when their eyes met. She was standing by his king-size bed, her arms wrapped around her chest. She threw daggers at him and that made him smile. For a moment, he thought she was cute. 

“Come on, I wouldn't have known you were coming over.” He started to walk towards her.  

“Well, I wanted to surprise you, but of course, it got ruined.” She sighed. Her eyes scanned through his body, and when she noticed his smile, she smirked. “You look good.”

He somewhat blushed but this was not a good time to feel good. He stood in front of her 5”8 self and requested, “Shall I get dressed? Do you mind waiting outside?”

Her smirk widened. She cleared her throat in a funny way, her eyes starting to twinkle with the good and youthful emotions of what it would seem like to stand in front of the man you liked. She just chortled.

Aderonke was in the best place—rather, mentally capable enough—to know that it was inappropriate to try and flirt with a married man but like the Omotayos, she didn't consider him married, and worse, she didn't care about his wife. It had been about two years since she and Raphel had broken up, but to her, breakups could not change who she loved. 

“I've missed your face. It's been four months.” She leaned closer and cupped his jaw, her lips pouted. 

He smiled. “Well, isn't it—”

Just when they were about to continue basking in whatever the moment felt like to them, someone barged in. Well, as Raphel would have expected, it was his wife. 

Faith's eyes widened. She glanced to her side as she let out a breath, then fixed her eyes on Aderonke as she wore that fake smile. Yes, she didn't like Raphel's Ronky. Aderonke was mean so she could easily be unlikeable, but also, Faith considered her inappropriate even though she always convinced herself that she had no reason to care about the people Raphel chose to be surrounded by. 

“Oh!” She squealed in that dramatic-like, high pitched tone. Her eyes moved to Raphel who already started to look stressed. “I didn't know your bestie was here. And in your room while you're half naked!”

Aderonke rolled her eyes and returned Faith's fake smile. “Right. And we were in the middle of something, dear. You shouldn't just barge in when—”