A cosy cranny and a good book

9 AM

I woke up and rushed out of bed... I wasn't late but today was a day that I was going to make the most of. I got up and poured myself a herbal tea and added a dash of my oat milk. I then began my workout and showered. My tea was cold by the time I remembered about it but that's okay. I decided to throw clothes on before I left (very smart I know). So I decided on denim jeans and a nice top, with this really cute grey jacket... or maybe it's more of an overcoat. Either way it was perfect and even though it was warm I would need it.

I was out the house by 11 and didn't even have to work until 1.

I headed to the town to go shop, I went to the bakery and bought myself a doughnut and a latte. I then went to look for new video games and picked up overcooked 2! For my switch.

Jeez I've ran out of productiveness fast... I guess I'll just wait until work now. A boring wait, like realllyyyyyy really long boring wait.

I sat in a cafe and watched YouTube on my laptop until my headphones died. I then loaded up a notes app and began typing out very important things... like how many shots it would take to fuck my friends. Although it was purely for entertainment, I don't do drinking.

I strolled into work a whole 10 minutes early and cheerfully greeted my friends... they did not reciprocate.

This job was great, i get to sit in a world of books. Its so great, great except for this guy. This stupid man with black hair and a coffee every time I see him, WHO NEEDS THAT MUCH COFFEE!? no one, the answer is no one.

He comes in and looks at books, scoffs, and leaves. He's so snotty and I'm convinced he doesn't read at all even.

I sat in my chair and dipped my head into a book, I was glaring at him though, staring daggers into his stupid stupid dress shirt.

I'm a classy girl but he makes me want to unleash my primal urges and mash his head into the wall. Woah I did not just say that. Ah! Shut up abby.

I spent the rest of my shift helping nice customers and shelving books. Shelving by alphabetical and by genre and by adult and youth and oh its so tiring sometimes.

But this is my job and I love it, I decided to ask my close friend for a lift, knowing her she'd take me to hers for dinner too!

I call her and she answers immediately.

"Hey Claire! Girl it's been too long. We need a catch up, come pick me up for work and I'll pay for lunch on Saturday?" I say, running over words not letting her get any in.

"Omg abby baby ofcourse, ill be there in ten. I have tea, and yes you'll pay for Saturday. My choice where though mwa" she beamed (and even said mwa)

"Nowhere tooooooo expensive, see you soon"

"Byeeeee"

And with that she was gone. I tidied up before clocking out for the day and waiting another 15 minutes for Claire. She's always later than she says though.

Finally I saw her truck round the corner

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't show" I started

"And miss you, no way girl"

"Thanks"

Most of the car ride was quiet, Claire was belting out some Taylor swift songs and we pulled up in her driveway not long after we even started driving.

"You take so long to get here and are back so soon" I note
" I like my house better than your crappy book store" she jibed
" oi! I love that shop" I almost shouted

She just laughed and left to cook dinner, I don't get what was so funny but I dropped it.

Claire is such a good cook she makes me drool so oftennnn. She made us pasta and oh my lord I would kill a man for that pasta, the sauce was just delicious.

I was too tired and bloated to walk my lazy self home so I just stayed in her guest room. It was closer to work anyway and I have spare clothes here. And then I'd probably stay tomorrow so we can make the most of lunch on Saturday.

I stayed up until nearly midnight watching movies and shows. Certain each episode would be the last. It never was. I kept watching until I think I fell asleep mid episode.