Purple, pink, and orange.

Paint smudges are spread across Karl's arm, his hair is lazily pushed back with a headband and a paintbrush in his left hand with headphones propped up against his shoulder. Sapnap briefly wonders if he came at the wrong time. 

"Uh, you...you wanna, like, chill?" 

Karl smiles, practically radiating his energy to Sapnap. "Sure, you can play on my switch if ya want." He beamed.

Sapnap returns Karl's smile and walks into his house. He's been here so many times, but Karl barely knows the color of his walls. Sapnap's house is a house, not a home. But when he's at the Jacobs' home, it's like he's their own. Though, he spends almost all of his time at his friends' houses. He thinks absently about how he probably spends more time with their parents and not his.   

The beanbag makes a |squish| as Sapnap sits in it. He reaches for Karl's switch blindly as he watches him return to his canvas, which is settled on an ease toward the window. His headphones are now tossed aside as he puts the song he's listening to on speaker and blares through his setup's sound system. He quickly resets it and turns to the canvas again. 

"Sunsets again?"

Karl turns to him, looking slightly startled. He then grins. "Yeah, yesterday's." He gestures to his phone which has a picture of the sunset they had watched together. The memory of how close they were brings a questioning blush to his face. But the feeling he feels in his stomach is lightweight and kindhearted, almost sickening but too sweet to be so. It feels like...lo-

"But if you mess up my switch I'll kill you." 

Sapnap blinks. Damnit, he must've zoned out for a second. "Yeah. Obviously." He rolls his eyes for more emphasis (even though he has no fucking idea what Karl was talking about). He averts his eyes as Karl looks back at him, hoping he won't see the lie in his eyes. Once Karl has turned his attention back to his canvas, watches silently as Karl bobs his head to music and... paints.

No. Nevermind. What Karl does isn't painting or art. It's so heavenly that Sapnap doesn't know what exactly he does. He moves with his art, going with its flow. And they're always so beautiful, his art. Whatever he makes, they end in absolutely eye-catching pieces.  

Karl's house is covered in them; his masterpieces. Abstract, sunsets, landscapes-whatever.  

Sapnap's heart beats faster as Karl's heavenly-sounding giggles upon realizing the now-blending orange-purple and pink colors on his arm that are now spread all across his arm. 

God, he loves him.

I WHAT. Sapnap's head was suddenly reeling, and he felt him register the thought that just appeared in his head. His head shouting at him, giving him an internal headache. Of course I love him, he's my best friend. It's not weird if no one makes it weird, he reminds himself. 

Right. 

Not weird at all.

Never.

Right?

"SAPNAP!"

His entire body jolted. "WHAT! What! What's wrong? Are you okay?" 

Karl stifles a laugh. "Am I ok? You're the one who just about jumped 7 feet in the air!" he snorts. Sapnap grumbles a weak; "Whatever,". Karl's laughter dies down and takes in Sapnap's reaction to his joke. "But dude," Karl returns to a subtle and soft tone and says "You've been zoning out a lot. You good?" 

"Yeah, just need to clear my head, I guess." 

"Ah," Karl seems to contemplate this for a second. "Do you wanna go today?"