Past

"Well, mama I went through a lot. I wish I had never gone through any of it." I looked up to see her eyes tearing up as if she knew what was coming.

"Honey-" she was looking behind me. She couldn't look at me.

"It started when I was five. They would make me make the food for them. I had to be up every day at four in the morning to start cleaning. They made me clean the whole house every day and if I didn't have breakfast ready for them in the morning then I would be beaten." I took a deep breath preparing myself for the rest.

"That continued for years and never stopped. They would have their druggie friends come into their house and they would make me their bartender and servant. They let the men 'borrow' me a couple of times too. It only got worse as I got older. Eventually when I realized I was severely depressed and tired of the way my life was; I realized that they don't get to decide how my life is. So I started going to underground fight clubs and partying every night. I felt so much more free than I ever have. I still hate everything about how my life was because when I look at my scars, I see everything that happened." I finally stopped. She just looked at me while tears were streaming down her face.

"Oh, strella. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you." She completely broke down.

"Don't cry, mama. It's okay you didn't know."

"What. The. Fuck." The voice came from the doorway and it seemed pissed.

It was Dante.

He heard everything.

I was frozen. At that moment I felt my throat closing up and I was on the verge of a panic attack.

"Dante-" I started but was cut off

"No. What the hell Estrella! Why didn't you tell anyone?" He was yelling at me.

I felt threatened. I needed out of this room. So I started walking out. I heard the beeping of Mama's machines. I looked back she was pale as a sheet of paper.

No.

No.

She can't leave me now.

Dante was yelling for Dad and Giovanni since he was the doctor. They came fast. I couldn't hear anything. The next thing I know, I'm being lifted by someone. And I see black.

I woke up on my bed. There was a heavy feeling beside me. I rolled over and saw it was Alessandro. I am guessing he took me to my room after I passed out. I feel so bad. What happened though...

MAMA!

I immediately went to go to her room but Alessandro woke up in time to stop me and grabbed me.

"Alessandro stop I need to see her!" I was kicking him.

"I'm sorry sorella I can't."

"Why?"

He looked at the ground.

"You may want to sit down."

I sat down. It was just now that I realized he had dark bags under his eyes and they seemed to be puffy.

He had been crying.

"Now sorella when I tell you this I want you to understand she's better now..."

No. I held back my tears and kept a sob in by putting my hands over my mouth.

"Ale, Please tell me she's still in her room over there and it was just a complication with the machines!!"

He started to tear up.

No.

"Please Ale..." I knew she was gone.

He just hugged me. I hugged him back. I had to get out of this room though.

"I'm sorry Ale but I need to be alone."

"Okay, principessa. Always know I'm here for you. We all are." He walked out.

I need to get in a race or something.

I called Elijah and asked about what he knew about race in Italy.

"Hey, Eli."

"Hey, stells. What's up?"

"I need a race. Tonight. And a car."
"What's wrong? You never need a race this fast unless something has happened." He is worried.

"Don't sound too worried." I rolled my eyes as if he could see me.

"I just need a race and a car tonight. No questions."

"Okay, I've got a race in Milan and a Pagani Huayra. You can keep the car if you win plus 100,000 dollars." I scoffed.

" 'If I win' Bitch be so for real you know me better than that

" 'If I win' Bitch be so for real you know me better than that." He just laughed.

"I know but make sure you put your contacts in and check in as Miss. Demeanor."

"Okay, thanks, Eli."

"Of course Stells. Be safe, please. I'll send a car over for you at 1:30 am"

"Okay." and he hung up.

Great this is going to be fun. I haven't raced since a month before I moved here.

A/N: Hey lovelies!! I'm gonna try to start posting every mon, wed, and fri. I won't be able to promise but I'll try my best!! There might be an extra chapter tomorrow! Sorry for this chapter.. it had to be done for the plot. Also Estrella showing more of her past and racing?! Who would've known?? Have a good day/night lovelies!! 🤍🤍

Word count: 796