Chapter 1.

༺❀༻
---------

This is a warning that there are a lot of words in this chapter that may make it difficult for people outside the Chinese fandom to read. There are footnotes and explanations at the end of the chapter. Happy reading everyone ♡。
---------

- Young Master Jiao. - Ji Sheng enters the room and bows. - I sympathize with your grief.

- Good morning, A-Sheng¹. - Jiao Jing is trying to find something on the wooden shelf and doesn't even look at the person who entered his chambers. - What grief do I have?

- How? - Ji Sheng's eyes widen in surprise. -Haven't you heard yet?

- What's happened? - Jiao Jing finally looks at his servant.

- Young Lady Mei has returned from Xingfu City... - Here Ji Sheng stammers. - Without Young Master Mei.

- How? ! - Jiao Jing drops his musical instrument on the floor, which he had just found on the shelf - xiao ³, which was given to him many years ago by his closest friend Mei Wenyan - the same young master who did not return from the Xingfu City.

- I'm so sorry, my master, but I don't know many details... Young lady Mei is now in your sister's chambers, you can talk to her.

And Jiao Jing quickly leaves his chambers - almost running - and goes to the room of his sister Jiao Lang.

A little later, sitting next to Jiao Lang and listening to Mei Xiuli sob, Jiao Jing himself can hardly hold back his tears. It turns out that his closest and dearest friend was the only one left to die in this damned city?

As can be understood from Mei Xiuli's story, Mei Wenyan contracted a terrible disease without a name from one of the residents of the city of Xingfu. He told his sister that now for him there was no point in even trying to leave the city - he would die on the way anyway, because the disease had already taken too much strength. Mei Wenyang forced Mei Xiuli to leave without him.

- Mei Xiuli. - Jiao Jing puts his hand on the girl's shoulder, trying to console her. - I will go to the city of Xingfu and find Mei-xiong ⁴.

Jiao Lan and Mei Xiuli exclaim in unison: "What?!"

- Jing-ge ⁵, I won't let you go there. - Jiao Lang is clearly unhappy with her brother's intentions. - It's too dangerous there.

- I don't care about these dangers! How can I just sit still and do nothing if Mei-xiong is there alone?

- Jing-ge, I'm sorry too, but most likely Mei Wenyan is already dead. - Jiao Lang sighs. - This disease destroyed almost the entire city in one month... It takes very little time to kill a person.

- But I believe that Mei-xiong is still alive. He is one of the strongest immortal⁶ cultivator, he cannot die so easily!I will go to Xingfu City and find Mei-xiong. Yes, he is infected with an unknown disease, but we have good healers and they will come up with something. - Jiao Jing gets up from the table, fully determined to accomplish her plan.

- Jiao Jing. - Mei Xiuli says in a trembling voice, but it sounds like she's serious and a little angry. - Sit down.

Jiao Jing sits back down with a dissatisfied look: "Well, what else?"

- Jiao Lang is right. Do not go there. It's dangerous there.

- I want to find Mei-xiong. He's your brother, don't you want him to survive?

- Of course, I want him to survive! - Mei Xiuli almost chokes on tears. - But if you go there, not only will you not return him, but you yourself will die, and I don't want that. Jiao Jing, please don't go there!