Chapter 3 ~ 'The Dark Void of Peaceful Sleep'

Armani POV:
  "I just wanted to know what happened to your eye," I responded, surprised that my voice sounded meek and timid.
  "Both me and my mother were kidnapped when I was seven. The kidnappers didn't like that I had two colored eyes. They said my hazel eyes looked just like my fathers. I think they were scared of my father, my eyes creeped them out whenever I looked at them. They cut it out the same night they left me on the orphanage's door step," From the way she spoke of the event one could  assume that she didn't care or that it didn't bother her. But I could tell it did. And I could tell the two boys did know it by the way one placed a hand on her lower back while the other her upper back, at the same time.
  "I apologize I should never have said anything to begin with. It wasn't my place," I apologize with a sad smile, just to be waived off by her.
  "It's fine, you were curious.If you weren't i would have been worried you weren't human  or worse one of the kidnappers," the way she said it made it sound like a joke but i could tell she was serious about the last one. If only she knew what we did for a living.
Lucian chose that moment for him and Hayden to walk over to us. Hayden carrying the little boy.
  "I hope you all are getting along," Lucian spoke from behind the tree of teenagers in front of me, smiling at me. Hayden comes to stand beside my handing the boy with glasses the baby. I was surprised to see that they didn't jump when Lucian spoke. He was known for his stealth. His footsteps were silent, but from their posture I could tell they knew he was walking up behind them.
  "Of course we are, darling,"I responded with my signature smile.
  "Have you introduced yourself yet?"Lucian questions with a raised eyebrow.I could feel myself blushing. He smirked at my blush. "I didn't think you had."
  "Harley, twins, and Lucas, this is my lovely wife of eighteen years, Armani." - gesturing in my direction - "And my lovely wife is Harley Anderson, Xander and Alexander Damaris, and Harley's son Lucas. I wanted to just bring Harley back at first but I knew they wouldn't leave each other.And I had no right to separate little Lucas here" - walking forward and ruffling Lucas's hair - "from his mother. I would introduce Hayden to ya'll but it seems you already know him," Lucian finishes lacing his hands on Haydens shoulders as he comes to stand behind him, beside me. "Now why don't we go inside the maids have taken your bags inside and into your rooms," He continued, after a brief pause.
  "Rooms?" Xander questioned, as if he didn't expect them to have rooms.
  "I know you are used to staying in the same room together, but I feel that you shouldn't. Harley is a girl and needs her own space, you two are boys and quite frankly i would be more concerned, if you shared a room with each other, of the trauma Harley would have, and mostly already has from you two. I was a teenager myself. I know how you can get. And Lucas has his own room right across the hall from Harley in, but he's two now and needs his own space to learn and grow in,"Lucian explained. I noticed that at the mention of them not sharing a room they became tense and Lucas's eyes filled with tears. I found it strange. Most people would be ecstatic to have their own space to be them. But here these three teens and a toddler are acting like it's the end of the world. "I know at the orphanage you probably had to share a room because of them not having enough rooms. But here you don't. We have plenty of rooms," Lucian continued. I could see it in their eyes. His explanation was pointless, and all he was doing was wasting his breath.
  "Y..y..you're separating us?" Lucas said,voice filled with tears as he peered up at Lucian from his perch in Alexander's arms.
  "No he's not,"Harley spoke up, sending a cold glare Lucians way before turning to look at Lucas. "I can promise you that he is not separating us. We will share a room just like before and if he has a problem with it I will get after him with my shoe,"Harley said with an evil smirk. The twins smirked with her while Lucas just let out an adorable little giggle. From the tone of her voice the smirks it sounds to me that she had a hidden meaning behind her words.
  "Mamma, that's not nice to hit people," Lucas scolded, sending a glare her way that wouldn't scare a mouse.
It took one look from Harley for Lucas to shut up and apologize.
  "Why don't we go in and I'll show you to your rooms. And before you say anything you can pick your favorite out of the four rooms to be y'all's," Lucian siad, quickly cutting off any protest from them.They nodded and followed Lucian into the house.
"I'll go ahead and give you a tour of the house before we go to your rooms," Lucian said over his shoulder.