Chapter 8: Born For This

September 3rd 2021

The studio is filled with excitement as Lisa, Chamile, Dara, Sherie and Ludermary gather around a table filled with notebooks, instruments, and recording equipment.

"Alright, everyone, let's get started on another new song for the EP!" Lisa says excitedly.

Chamile nods. "Yeah, we need something catchy and fresh."

"How about we start with some lyrics? Any ideas?" Dara says grinning.

"I've been working on something recently." Ludermary chimes in. She looks at the girls sheepishly. "I'm not the best at writing, like Lisa, but I thought I could start giving it a go more often."

Ludermary hands the girls her notebook full of ideas.

Lisa looks at the notebook and recites the lyrics. "I'm still a mess / Oh, since you left / If I can't be happy, happy with you / I'll be happy, happy for you / I guess, no hard feelings / 'Cause love's lookin' good on you / If you're happy I'm happy, I'm happy for you"

She smiles at the black haired girl and says, "Wow. This is really good Ludermary."

Chamile nods in approval. "That's it! Now, let's work on the melody."

They pick up their instruments and start playing around with different chords and rhythms, experimenting until they find the perfect sound.

"Can we make the beginning sound like natural melodic pop." Sherie says into the microphone.

"I like the sound is that, Sherie, good idea!" Dara says excitedly.

Sean gives them some melodic pop examples, until they found the right fit.

"For the bridge can we maybe make it a little darker. Maybe add some pants and booming drums." Chamile says.

Sean gives her a thumbs up before adding some drums and having Chamile record some pants ad-libs.

"Oh! Can we maybe make the vocals a bit distorted too, just the bridge." Lisa says.

The girls gather around the mixing board, listening to the playback with smiles on their faces, knowing they've created something truly magical.

After the girls were finished with their studio session, the girls went back to the beach house to chill after the long day.

Chamile was watching a YouTube video when she got a text from her girlfriend Dinah.

My Other Half 🥰: Look outside your window :)

Chamile pulls back her curtain in her room and looks out the window to find Dinah with a huge grin, holding a pizza box and slushes.

Chamile shakes her head playfully and laughs at her girlfriend before replying.

Chamile: very romantic of you Dinah Jane. Come on up.

Dinah tiptoes up the stairs, trying her best to remain quiet. She finally reaches Chamile's room and gently knocks on the door before entering with a mischievous smile.

"Surprise!" Dinah whispers with a smile.

Chamile laughs and pulls Dinah into a warm hug, grateful for the unexpected visit. "You're too much, babe. But I love it."

"Anything for my girl." Dinah replies.

They settle down on Chamile's bedroom floor, sharing the pizza and slushies while chatting softly, enjoying each other's company in the peaceful moment.

Chamile's voice is soft as she speaks, her eyes sparkling with affection as she brushes a stray hair behind Dinah's ear. "So, what brings you to my room tonight, beautiful?"