Opening

Two girls, Harley and Liza, sat in Liza's house, engrossed in a movie that had them bursting into fits of laughter. Today was an important day for Liza, as she wanted to prove to her mother that she was responsible enough to stay home alone. With that in mind, Liza had invited her best friend Harley over and canceled their usual babysitter, Max Fox. Together, they were enjoying a movie that Harley's tutor, Tara Carpenter, had recommended. 

"Wait, aren't these characters and events based on real movies?" Liza asked, her mouth full of popcorn.

Harley nodded, taking a sip of her coke. "Yeah, it's something about Sidney Prescott's boyfriend, Billy Loomis, and his best friend, Stu Macher, going on a killing spree. And get this, Billy Loomis actually had a child, who happens to be my tutor's sister's father!" Harley explained, her eyes filled with excitement.

"Wait, seriously?!" Liza exclaimed, her shock causing her to pause the TV momentarily.

"Yeah, it's mind-blowing! There's a whole intricate storyline behind it," Harley continued, her enthusiasm evident. Liza's phone buzzed, and she noticed it was her babysitter checking in on her for the umpteenth time.

"Why don't you just answer it, Liz?" Harley suggested.

Liza hesitated for a moment, her determination to prove her maturity evident. But then she grabbed her phone and ended the call, asserting her independence.

"I'm going to get some more popcorn," Liza informed Harley, leaping off the couch and retrieving the popcorn bowl from the kitchen. As she started preparing another batch, the landline phone in the living room began to ring, displaying an "Unknown caller" on the screen. Liza glanced at Harley and mentioned that someone was calling.

"Probably someone for your mom," Harley suggested, turning around on the couch and getting onto her knees. "Answer it."

Liza hesitated for a moment, unsure about picking up the call. "Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes!" Harley insisted, encouraging her to answer.

Liza shrugged, deciding to take the call. She pressed the button to answer and greeted the caller with a casual, "Hello!"

"Hello," the voice on the other end responded.

Liza turned to Harley, rolling her eyes. "Hi, and who might this mysterious caller be?"

"Haven't your mother taught you not to answer the phone for strangers?" the caller questioned.

"Well, yeah, but I assume this call is for my mother, even though Anastasia isn't home. But still," Liza explained, slightly confused. "Should I take a message or something?"

"Hmm, perhaps I could leave a message, using you and Harley's blood to spell it out," the caller stated, sending a chill down the fifteen-year-old's spine.

Liza turned to Harley, who looked puzzled, waiting for an update. "Who is it?" Harley asked, concerned.

"Haha, very funny, Max! I get it, you're trying to teach me a lesson about staying home alone and ignoring your phone calls," Liza responded, her voice laced with skepticism. "I'm not falling for it."

She quickly moved to the kitchen window and shut the curtains, ensuring her privacy and blocking any potential prying eyes.

"And what if it was a test, Liza? How could I possibly know what you're doing right at this moment?" the caller continued.

Liza pulled away from the window, a mixture of fear and confusion etched on her face. She turned to Harley, who was still trying to make sense of the situation. "What am I doing?" Liza asked, her voice trembling.