T W O

In math class, Phoebe, Lorraine, Alexandra, and Sadie were all there. They were all doing different things: Alexandra was taking pictures of herself, Phoebe was fiddling with her fingers, Lorraine was staring into a zone, while Sadie was actually doing her work. When everyone got notifications about there being a killer on the loose, school would be ending early today.

Everyone gasped, and Alexandra looked at them confused. "What the fuck are y'all surprised about? It's Woodsboro. This happens every fucking decade," she said, and everyone booed her.

"Don't be insensitive, Lexi," Phoebe said, hitting the rich girl's arm.

"Whatever," Alexandra snapped as she rolled her eyes.

"Guys! This could be like one of those Stab movies!" Sadie shouted. She had a thing for shouting; it was scary. "We could die!"

"SADIE!" everyone shouted, and she stopped talking.

"Imagine dying, like those two freshmen," Lorraine said, and Alexandra shrugged.

"Have you guys seen Maddie today?" she asked as she stood up from her seat and started packing.

"Why are you packing, Ms. Floyd?" the math teacher asked.

"Did you not hear? There's a killer on the loose. And I'm too young to die," Alexandra bluntly told the teacher. "So, unless you want to let me out, or I'll just call my father saying you want me to die."

"She's so lucky she's the mayors daughter." Lorraine mumbles.

---

Kathleen sat with some friends, Wednesday and Cairo, talking when her name was called for early pick-up. Great. She grabbed her crutches, and Cairo helped her up before assisting her in moving to the front office.

"Okay. See you tomorrow," Cairo smiled and waved goodbye as Kathleen moved with her mother out the door.

She had a doctor's appointment, and when she got home, her mom had to go to work for a couple of hours.

Kathleen was on the phone with Haley, hoping she would come over for a while until her mother got home.

"Hey, I know it's a lot to ask, but I don't feel safe by myself," Kathleen said, using her crutches to limp over to the fridge and open the door.

"You know I would, but my mom doesn't want me leaving the house," Haley explained.

"Right, totally. I understand. I'll just lock the doors or something," Kathleen hung up the phone before placing it down. She limped towards the living room, sat down, moved her crutches onto a chair, and placed both legs on the couch before resting her head back and falling asleep.

A couple of hours later, Kathleen woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. It was now dark outside, and she sighed as she lifted her body up, groaning at her leg pain. She then stood up, grabbing her crutches and walked towards the phone on the kitchen counter to answer it.

"Hello?" Kathleen questioned.

"Hey! So, my mom says if she can stay there, we could have a sleepover, and when your mom gets back, she'll go home," Haley's voice came through the phone speaker.

"Okay? But it's like..." Kathleen looked at the phone clock. "8 pm."

"I know! But I don't want you to be alone at the time Harley and Liza were murdered," Haley explained.

"That's comforting, thank you. Just call me when you're here," Kathleen said, tired.

"Alright."

The phone call ended, and Kathleen set the phone down, about to go back to the couch, when the phone rang again. She sighed, grabbed it, and answered, "Haley, I told you to call me when you're--"

"Hello, Kathleen," an unfamiliar voice interrupted.

"Hi? I'm sorry, who is this?" Kathleen asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she looked down at the phone, but there was no caller ID.

"I think you know," the caller said, and Kathleen's eyebrows furrowed even more.