NINE. shivering in the night

     WITH A heavy sigh, the girl opened her locker and began rifling through her mess as she picked and pulled books and others miscellaneous items from it

Out of all the Calflin's, she always had the messiest locker. She didn't both to throw out already graded assignments, textbooks laying haphazardly inside, and other junk she couldn't identify unless she picked it up.

She felt a textbook fall out of her locker and with a heavy groan, she bent down to pick it up, but a hand beat her to it.

It was Alex, a small smile on his face as he stood upright and held the book out for Sierra to grab.

Sierra's frustrated look (from her messy locker) had been easy replaced with anger as she grabbed the book from his hands without saying thank you.

"Hey." Alex muttered, his smile still on his face.

"What do you want?"

Alex nodded. Every single Calflin had been beyond pissed off at him. He done nothing but humiliate not only River, but Erin, Olivia, and Jackie in one simple sentence.

"Do you know where River is?"

Sierra groaned, slamming her locker shut as she turned to face him. "Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you." She said. "You do realize that River is a person and Jackie isn't the only person who you should care about?"

"What are you talking about?" Alex scoffed. "Jackie's my girlfriend-"

"And River and my family have been friends with you for years." Sierra said. "You made it seem like she was equivalent to a sex doll without any hesitations because you wanted to seem like a better person than Cole." She explained. "I don't get it. You are just as much of an asshole as Cole is."

Sierra turned, adjusting the straps of her backpack and making her way down the hall where she found her friends and leaving Alex alone with his thoughts.

Just as much of an asshole as Cole is.

    RIVER SAT in the cafeteria by herself as she poked at the piece of cake in front of her.