•3• AFYS - Potential Long Story

READ: This'll just be a prologue for the story! Just background before chapter one. You won't need to read it once the story comes out.
(Yes, population zero is still in the works, it'll be published when COMPLETED.)

(Why does this say 3 when it's the SECOND sneak peek published? Wellllll, I was supposed to finish the sneak peak for Under The Plex BEFORE finishing this, but I'll get to that one day.)

— • None of this is officially going to be in the book. It's just what I have for now.—

–START–

2nd degree murder by hand gun. 23 years sentence. How stupid. You didn't do it. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
In reality, you couldn't have done something like that, you were too much of a coward. Too much of a pushover.
. . . Almost too much of a pushover.
You were in your 20's, and you didn't have a job, not anymore, you were fired after a month of working there, because of imprisonment. You just moved, and none of your family members were in contact. If you stayed in there for 23 years, you'd leave with basically nothing, no opportunities, completely alone. You might as well spend your life in there.

So, you made a decision. A stupid decision. You shouldn't have done it, you could've gotten out earlier for good behavior, but if you were caught you'd have to stay till you're a legal senior citizen.
Yeah. You broke out. With a small group of 3 others, you couldn't live like that! Though you'd be lying if you said you didn't regret it right away.
Best part is that there was a park nearby, with a bathroom.

You ran inside, leaning against the wall as you got your breath back, panting heavily.
"Yo you got everything?" Cellmate turned to Prisoner 1, as she clicked the bathroom locked. Prisoner 1 swung off his bag, tossing it to her, and the 3 turned to you. "You're first, then scram. We need to do this quickly." You cellmate informed you, and you found your eyes searching her expression and the bag.
Where would you go? Ugh, doesn't matter. Nobody has time for you to coward out here, you could figure it out. In the pouring rain hopefully it'd be harder to find you.

Prisoner 1 ransacked some poor old man's local shop, before you all ran to the park. You had no idea what he grabbed.
A black hoodie, and a pair of sweats was tossed at you, no shoes? Alright. Watch your step. Hopefully this'll keep you warm enough in the heavy rain.

Your cellmate pulled out a pair of scissors, and pulled you lightly infront of the sink. "Sit." She directed, and you reluctantly settled on your bruised knees, not fully weighing down your weight, as the wet cold floor itched and stung your cuts.
Before you could realize it, she was cutting your hair. It was maybe half it's length already, and you tried hiding the look of discomfort that twisted your face.
You tried to give slight credit, since it made you look wildly. . . Uh..... different. . . To say nicely. But it's not like looking cute was the goal.

Your cellmate was clearly in a hurry, and you didn't blame her. Everyone needed some change before any cop showed. That's why as you got your 'make-over' the other two run-aways were changing out of their prison attire.
Cellmate started digging in the bag again, before making you turn around to face her, she held an a electrical razor, and the both of you quietly cursed as she had to take an extra while just plugging it in.

She shaped your eyebrows a bit, and gave you even slits aswell, the goal wasn't to look like a badass graffiti artist, but that's how it was kind of turning out. You were relieved when she switched it off, and set it in the sink, but that quickly fizzled out as you saw her pull out a needle and two packs of sterling sliver earrings.
"Wait- wait! What are you doing-?" You panicked a bit, turning your head away.
"One or two piercings on your lip to get it swollen, harder to find you in a crowd tomorrow."

Dizzly you changed after being considered as 'finished'. Leaning your head back on the cold wall of the bathroom stall, you took a minute to calm yourself, get your breath back, and ignore the fresh stings on your face.
It's worth it.
It'll be worth it.
Maybe you'll even grow to like the piercings, if an infection doesn't ruin you. Ear infections weren't bad, but you didn't know what one on your face would mean.

For girls:

You kept your previous jail-wear so to speak, and got the pair of scissors to cut that shirt in half, stuffing the other half and the pants in the toilet.
You used it as a bra. You weren't going to run in the rain without support. Your cellmate tied up the back for you, as you slipped on your sweater and made sure to put up the hood. To hide your new hair, and also just for more privacy.

For boys and Mx's:

You felt as though it mightve been suspicious to leave the prison get up out in the open, especially if someone comes in looking for you.
So you stuffed it in the toilet. Poor janitor, sure, but it could buy you time. You slipped on your sweater and made sure to put up the hood. To hide your new hair, and just for more privacy.

Continue reading(Everyone):

Anxiety, went to relief as you ran out, in the opposite direction, but that didn't last long either as the pouring rain obscured your vision to see anything from a distance, a dance with chance, get caught and you'd just prove yourself as more of a criminal.
Right, who were you kidding? You shouldn't be here. You shouldn't need to run!
You, did, nothing wrong!

. . . Is that. . The pizza plex?
Maybe it could work. The cameras might be a problem, but you didn't need to go in, you just needed a place to hide out! Then again, you'd probably rethink your position on that, the rain was starting to really get to you.
If you found a back door, maybe you could sneak in for a night.

Just a night. There's probably nobody there anyways!

Nobody at all.

Count: 1029

(Again, it's a prologue. It's going to be way shorter than the actual chapters LMAO)