Act II: You Drive Me Wild Gunman

After school, Joan and Sandy walk to 7-Eleven to play Wild Gunman. They see that someone has already inserted a quarter but the machine is unattended, so they walk up to it.

Marty (standing by the window about 5 feet away): [shakes head and turns back to face the arcade machine] Damn, Needles! Always... Hey wait a minute! I put in that quarter, you little punks!

Joan and Sandy turn around.

Joan: You snooze, you lose, you little... Pinhead? Oh hey, you're Jennifer Parker's boyfriend.

Marty: Hey, aren't you guys... The Runaways?

Joan: Maybe.

Marty: I saw you play at the dance auditions! Who the heck chose Mr. Lewis as a judge, you know?

Sandy: Ok, Pinhead, let's play a game. You beat me and Joan, we owe you a quarter. Else, you pay both of us.

Marty: Pff. Look, just go ahead and play [turns around to walk away].

Sandy: What's the matter? You chicken?!

Marty: [freezes, turns body back, in a low voice] Nobody calls me chicken [steps forwards].

Sandy: [hands plastic gun out for Marty].

Marty plays the game, drawing and firing the gun. As usual, he hits some and loses some for drawing too slow. After his turn, Sandy goes. She has a quick draw but still loses some. It is a close game but Sandy barely beats Marty. Finally, Joan goes. Joan has an even quicker draw. Her movements are as smooth as butter. Joan never misses a shot. It seems like a good 10 minutes goes by until Joan finally loses. She easily beats Sandy and Marty's score combined by a wide margin. After she dies, Joan does a forwards gun twirl around her index finger, then a backwards gun twirl, and places the gun into its holster on the arcade machine.

Joan: [turns around to face Marty, blows a bubble from her gum] Give us the money, Pinhead.