➵ 011. The Worst Possible Fate

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
011. The Worst Possible Fate
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Klaus was walking with Elijah, chatting about the hunters and their sister.

"Father is also a threat. If we are create a scene here, it will lead him right to us." Elijah explained to Klaus for the hundredth time after Klaus suggested slaughtering the lot after their sister breaks up with Alexander. "We have discussed this," Elijah sighs.

"Then let him," Klaus argued back with frustration. "We will run, as we have been for the last century!"

"Niklaus," Elijah began in a warning tone. "Rebekah will hate you for killing her lover. Now, can you afford that? Can you afford being hated by your own sister?"

Klaus went silent at the thought of Rebekah looking at him with hatred. But then an image of her dead flashed before is eyes. She was dead on the floor, staring at him with helpless eye, blood pooling all around her. Her white dress drenched in blood. Her lips mouthing him for help without managing to get even a sound out of her mouth. Beside Rebekah was Alexander, pressing the stake deeper into her bleeding chest. 

Soon that image was tainted in a hue of red. 

He went over to her, throwing Alexander away and picking Rebekah's head and bringing it to his chest, screaming in pain and agony as he call for her. He called her name again and again, but she didn't respond. Her body went cold in his arms. 

"Niklaus?" Elijah's voice pulled Klaus out of his thoughts. 

"Hmm?" Klaus hummed, looking at Elijah, half confuses and half fazed, still recovering from what he imagined his sister worst fate to be.

"Have you been listening to a word of what I have been saying?" Elijah facepalms himself, when Klaus looks at him blank. 

"That's interesting." Kol said loudly, walking into the hut with Finn. "I thought you would have spent the day with you lovely Sage. Who knew you would spend hours chatting with Lilith," Kol shrugged, hiding a smirk as he glanced at Klaus. 

Klaus frowned before looking at Finn, "You spoke with Lilith?"

"I did. It was a brief chat," Finn blandly tells him. 

"About what exactly?"

"Oh, just about the place she was working at."

Klaus raised a brow at Finn, "She is working somewhere and she told you  about it?"

"Why? What's wrong with telling me?" 

"Oh, I don't know," Klaus faked a thoughtful expression. "Your disinterest in speaking with anyone who is not Sage?"