Part 10b

I've been very sleep deprived lately. So, forgive any grammar mistakes or typos. This chapter was supposed to end on a cliffhanger, but I liked this way a little better. I hope you do, too. Thank you for sticking with this story! Amanda

10b/

Robin Scorpio hadn't been home in almost 24 hours and couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten. She cut through the ER on the way to the cafeteria after Patrick had let her

know that Morgan Corinthos would be coming upstairs for surgery soon.

She hoped to run into Sonny on the way to grab a bite to eat. She didn't want to literally run into him, but she was in such a sleep deprived haze that was almost the case.

He had two cups of coffee in his hands and he was standing outside of the ladies bathroom.

"Am I still half asleep or are you waiting to go into the ladies room?"

"I don't know about you, but I am definitely still half asleep."

He sat the cups down and hugged her.

"How are you?"

"Starving," she told him. "Patrick said Morgan was coming to surgery. Is everything okay?"

"He had his first kiss, and he crashed Jason's bike." Sonny ran his hand through his hair that was now a mess of curls. "He's in a lot of pain, but he'll be fine."

"Good. Does, uh, Jason know his bike is wrecked?"

"Yeah. I just called him."

"When we were together, I tried to get him to sell it."

"Funny enough. That's what he was about to do."

"Parts?"

Sonny laughed.

"Hey, thanks for checking on him. I appreciate it."

She nodded.

"Want anything from the cafeteria?"

He shook his head.

"I hate to keep you, but you think you could do me a small favor?"

"Does it involve talking to Carly?"

"No."

He smiled.

"Great. Because that would be much more than a small favor."

Robin followed his gaze that kept shifting to the door behind them.

"Talk to me, Sonny."

"I can't go into any specifics, but Alexis has been pretty sick. I can't say much more than that, but she's been weak and nauseous. Anyway, one of the nurses said they saw her go into the ladies room and it's been - well, longer than I'd like."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe you could just inconspicuously check and see if she's okay."

She nodded, without moving.

"You're really worried, aren't you?"
"Yeah. It's - it's been rough for her. I just need to make sure -"

"Okay. Of course. Although, you owe me that coffee when I get back."

He smiled.

"It's yours."

When Robin entered the bathroom, she saw the woman she'd tried to help the Davis girls set up with her Uncle Mac. Alexis was sitting on the floor, her back against the wall, and her head leaning against her knees.