08. Body Language

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝐒𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭"

My phone is in my hand while my finger hoovers over the call button. I have been sitting here for the past twenty minutes, debating whether I should call Bella, or I should let them come to me. I glance back at my laptop, ready for me to write away my thoughts, but nothing even slightly interesting has entered my mind in the past day. I spent the day following my regular routine, working my shift and taking a few hours to unload after by picking up a big. The second I sat down with my perfectly smelling book, ready to dive into another world for a few hours, something felt off. No matter how many times I changed my position, got myself food or a drink, there was still something off about it. I couldn't force my mind to focus on the words in front of me, so I let them sit there. I don't think I have even gotten up at all in the past hour, if I am going to be honest. A part of me hopes Bella will call me, but another part of me doesn't, which makes me feel very, very guilty for some reason.

Out of pure curiousity and boredom, I decide to google what Bella has been up to. Since I have never even made an Instagram account or anything like that, it somehow feels like I have a lot to catch up on. Not really to any of my surprise, there's no proof of my existence. I can lie and say it didn't even sting a little, but there's no use in that. The first articles that pop up when I type in their full name, take me by surprise. I frown at the small screen in front of me as I scroll through dozens of articles stating the exact same fact over and over again. Apparently there are rumours going around about Bella and one of the people they're supposed to work with in the future, and the people writing the articles have a whole lot of proof to back up their guesses. I quickly close the laptop again, not wanting to be faced with more sadness and betrayal right now. Alora must have gotten my texts and attempted calls from last night, because she's just now sending me over fifty texts replying to each individual text I sent while in distress the night before.

I open my texts, and the last text tells me she is on her way to my place right now, causing me to finally get off of my ass and do something. I attempt to tidy the place a bit, but Alora's record time of getting to my place is so insanely fast, that by the time she arrives I haven't even gotten to the kitchen yet. I rush over to the door as I hear the fast knocks on the door, clearly impatient. As I open the door, the first thing I feel are two warm arms around me. Without interrogating me, Alora holds me for a few seconds until we both feel good enough to let go. No words have to be said to know that this is a heartbreaking situation for me.