8

--

Hanni's alarm didn't go off the following morning.

Half an hour before the start of her first class of the day, Minji knocked softly on her door, waking her up in the middle of a dream she immediately forgot. Sweat clinged to her forehead, her covers all over the bed from twisting in her sleep, and when she glanced at the clock, she panicked. 

It wasn't the first time she had slept in more than she should have, but today was different. It meant that she would have to go through four hours of boring lectures without a chance to speak to Minji about the previous night. And the more she had to wait, the faster her heart pounded inside her chest, and the more it burned. 

Minji struggled to keep her mind on the job. She knew campus wasn't necessarily a dangerous place, but neither was the supermarket, and she still had nightmares from that day. The thought of losing Hanni was unbearable, now more than ever. And she feared it would never go away. How could it? 

Before Hanni, she always considered alternative lovers. Not that she was unfaithful, but she knew that the end of a relationship wouldn't be the end of her. There would always be a plan B. And now, for the first time in her life, there were no other plans at all. Losing Hanni felt like knocking all the air out from her lungs, like drowning and not being able to swim back up. 

It was almost as if she had stopped trying, as if her soul had stopped searching. In a way, when she met the brunette she was stunned, but not necessarily for the same reasons she was stunned now. That glimpse in her eyes she had caught at her mother's office told her Hanni would be a handful — and she had been, alright. Meeting her felt like fate, but being her friend was a choice. Kissing her had been a choice. Perhaps a need. 

But she chose her, and she would be willing to do it over and over again. Minji thought it was funny, how if she had made a different decision she wouldn't be here now. If she hadn't decided to join Danielle's gym three years ago, if Jaebeom hadn't seen her there and offered to train with him, if she hadn't accepted to be in his bodyguard network and had chosen to go to university instead, her fate would have been written in different ink. Because she knew that if she was here in a different universe without her by her side, she could never be complete. 

As Professor Yeon went on and on about whatever subject she was supposed to be paying attention to, she evaluated her options. Danielle wouldn't be happy if she quit her job, not when it paid so incredibly well. And not when there was nobody as qualified as her to do it — she had decided that on day one. Rin had trusted her with her daughter right away, but she didn't think she would approve of their relationship even if she didn't work for her anymore. 

Minji could always keep her job as Hanni's bodyguard, but she didn't know for how long she could keep her hands off of her, and that was the problem. Because now that she'd had a taste, a beautiful and blissful taste of Hanni, she wanted to get drunk on her forever. 

But she couldn't.

Hanni  tried taking notes during the lecture, but it proved to be impossible. To say she felt embarrassed would be an understatement. She had always been rather shy and quiet during sex, not really all that comfortable in her own skin, but being with Minji was different. Minji didn't leave any room for doubt — she wanted her, and it fueled a fire inside her that she didn't want to extinguish. 

The second Minji called herself the sinful word, her soul left her body. Hanni had never considered the Daddy kink, or any kinks in particular before, but damn . Calling her that felt so right, and now she didn't ever want to stop. What she felt embarrassed about, however, had little to do with that, and a lot to do with the fact that she had essentially commanded Minji to come inside of her. To get her pregnant.