Becoming Rogues

My name is Tichina Mathison. I am from the southern part of the United States. I am 22 years old. All governments around the world under-went a new policy. This new policy allowed the governments to force their people to this new arrangement of a totalitarian world. This new arrangement started 5 years ago. I can still remember bits and pieces of my life before. It is as if I was reincarnated and this has become the new life I was born into.

But it is quite different, the people who lived in poverty in the "Broken" (the times before the totalitarian override) are now the wealthy (Fortunate). The ones who were wealthy in the Broken are now the Ingratitude. And the people who were of the middle class are the Balances. The government has been taken over by this man Michael Ferdinand. He apparently was a "stout" major of the United States Army. I don't know what dictionary these people use but he isn't a stout man. They claimed that in the Broken people lost their sight of the true magnificent-ness of our lives, God. But get this, he not only got the whole world involved in the rearrangement, but he also took his new-found power to use it provocatively. When he utilized this power, he forced young women from the ages of 13 to 38 to be picked out for marriage and for populating the world. He says, "you're going to be helping the people of this world for the greater good, and helping to rule out the lesser evil." Anyone knows that us women who are being forced to be picked for marriage and populating the world are to be raped and abused. How this man convinced the world of this very wrong government is beyond me.

So, there are many of us who are rebelling this government and many who are not. Those of us who rebelled are calling ourselves the Rogues. We have shelters and hiding places all over the map. For the moment I am living in the outskirts of what used to be California. I lost my mom and siblings during the raid 5 years ago.

   I was just coming home from school. My mom (as always) had the tv on the news channel. For months there has been talk of this new government that would make its break if this Major of the Army was selected to be the president (he was selected about five months ago). I could not understand why people would choose a man who wanted to force people into this unknown, greater government. "Hey Mom!" I yelled at her even though I was like 5 feet away in the kitchen and she was in the living room. My siblings Mayra and Dione were in the kitchen snacking on some brownies I had baked last night. They were my signature baked dessert-stuffed fudge brownies. I made chocolate chip cookie dough from scratch and I made two sets of brownie batter. I took a baking pan and poured the brownie batter in the pan. Then I made balls with the cookie dough and I sat them in the batter in threes. I would then take the second set of brownie batter and pour it over the top and bake the brownie for about 30 minutes and they would be so gooey and moisten. I was glad that there was still plenty for me to have four slices. (I know. I just love food is all). I warmed the brownies up and grabbed a cup of milk and I delved into those brownies. MMMM. As my siblings and I were enjoying are snack, we heard this loud missile sound. I, being well-rounded in the weaponry because I was interested in the military, I knew that that sound meant there was a bomb and we needed to run. So, I grabbed my siblings and yelled at my mom telling her we need to run. We ran out the back door and there were gun shots and flare guns and smoke bombs just going off and I didn't know where to go that would be safe. And then the thought hit me, The AttIQ! It was my dad's place he built for us if we were ever in danger. "Mom! We need to head to the ATTIQ. We will be safe there." My mom nodded that she understood, and we ran and ran. Now the AttIQ was about a block and a half from our home. We were halfway there when this Army tank blocked our path and military men marched in front of us. I didn't know what else to do but put my hands in the air for a sign of surrender and told my family to do the same. The soldiers came to my family and I, halted, and pulled out this weird form of technology. It was like a transparent tablet with only two metal side pieces for them to hold onto with. The soldier holding the tablet placed it first in front of my mom, a female voiced my mother's age (45), where we lived, her line of work and who she was married to. She was shot in the head because she was married to my father, Elias Mathison, who was supposedly killed in combat 3 weeks ago. He then went to my brother Dione, and the female voiced that he was 7 years old, our address again, where he attended school, and his parents. The soldier holding the tablet told the men to take my brother. I went and grabbed for my brother. The soldier who was snatching him from me hit me across the face with the buttstock of his rifle. I was immediately knocked to the ground, and where I stayed, until I regained my strength back. The soldier with the speaking, transparent tablet had already scanned my sister and she was being taken away from me as well. When I finally regained my strength, my sister was already being carried away and the tablet holding soldier began to scan me. The soldier then said, after my reading, "She is to be one of them. Take her to the President." I was confused as to what he was talking about. The soldier picked me up and I did not know what I should do until I saw the pistol in the soldier's holster. I waited until he opened the car door, then I snatched the pistol from his holster and I shot him in the neck. Shot the soldier standing about twenty-five feet away in the head and then I shot the soldier with the transparent tablet in the hand. I went to look for my siblings, but they had moved them away in a different vehicle. I ran to the soldier with the tablet shot him in the head and I hugged my mom's deceased body. I noticed that she had something in her pocket. It was a letter and key, and the letter came from my dad. I did not have time to ponder about what was really going on here. I ran, and I got to the ATTIQ. There was a keypad in which I had to know the code to get in. I thought hard as for as long as I possibly could. Then as I was about to give up and try and find refuge somewhere else, I happened to look down at the key in my hand and noticed that there were numbers on the key. I coded in those numbers and it unlocked the doors and I was safely inside. I locked the doors by pressing the button on the screen to the locking system. I could hear gunshots and hound-dog cries. I looked around and took inventory of what supplies that I had. I thanked my dad for being so intelligent, he had stocked this place up well. Considering the noise level outside dropped tremendously, I figured that it would be a good idea to read the letter that I stashed in my completely small-pocket jeans.