Chapter 8

Prim pov
"NO PEETA FINNICK PRIM!" I awakened by the sound of my sister's screams. I look at the clock and see that it's just past 8 am. I sigh and push myself into my chair before rolling myself down the hall to Katniss's room. I open the door to see her thrashing on her bed trapped in a nightmare. I roll over to her "Prim please don't die!" I put my hand on her shoulder."Katniss, Katniss, wake up."  She doesn't, though. Truthfully, Katniss is hard enough to wake up when she's not having a nightmare, let alone when she is.  "Katniss," I say, shaking her harder she jolts awake. She looks around frantically before she finally focuses on me she leans forward and hugs me tightly, obviously still upset from her nightmare. "Are you okay?" I ask her. "It was you, Peeta and Finnick. You were all dying, and there was nothing I could do!"I'm fine, " I say. "But you're not," she says. "You can't walk anymore, and it's all my fault, I'm so sorry, Prim, you never deserved any of this and Peeta"...She breaks into more tears "Katniss" I say "Look I'm fine and Peeta's not here now but he will be and he'll be better, just have a little faith"

Katniss pov
I look at my sister and can't help but feel anything but admiration she's been through just as much as I have different things yes but she's still suffered a lot in her life from having her dad die to having her mother check out and ignore nearly dying of starvation and sickness more times than I could count losing friends in the bombing of 12. Being used by Coin and nearly killed in an explosion ending up in a coma and being unable to walk. Yet she still manages to find hope. "Soooo," She says. "We having breakfast?" I laugh at her cheekiness. "Yeah," I say, "Let me get dressed." She nods and wheels herself out of my room.