interview

—  𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 —

— 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 —

"Hi!" The young woman greets the camera cheerfully, smiling and showing her teeth. "My name is Choi Duri, and yes, I was named Duri because I'm the second-born." She laughed softly. Duri means 'two' in the Gyeongsang dialect, and her parents thought it would be a great idea to name her after that.

"I think I have a very inviting face if that even makes sense?" She chuckled, struggling to explain it. "I often get told that I look nice and happy, which makes people want to talk to me. I think it's a nice compliment, although sometimes people come up to me and share their worries, which can feel a little weird when it's a stranger." She smiled a little awkwardly and furrows her eyebrows.

————————
"Oh yeah, that would be weird," Hanhae said, causing the others to nod in agreement.

"Yeah, but I can see why they did that," Kyuhyun said, chuckling a little. "She has a really happy face, it makes me want to be by her side just so I can get some of that happiness," he explained.

"Yeah, her smile is beautiful," Da-hee said, looking at Duri through the screen. "She'll captivate lots of men with that smile."

"I agree, men like that," Dex contributed to the conversation. "Aren't you saying that because you like it?" Kyuhyun teased the younger, who just chuckled nervously.

"Her name is really interesting." Jin-kyung changed the topic. "Yeah, I've never met a Duri before." Da-hee agreed. "But it somehow fits her." She pointed out and the others agreed.

————————

"When it comes to my ideal type, physically, I'd like someone who is taller than me and has a pretty face. I like pretty people," said Duri, smiling shyly as some of the staff laugh at her reaction. "But honestly, personality is more important. What's the point if a guy has a pretty face when he's a bad person? That's a big no for me," she said, shaking her head slightly and giving a thumbs down to express her dissatisfaction.

"I would like a guy who is nice and respectful to me, my family, and my friends. It would be nice if he was funny, and we got along. Someone who puts me first and doesn't make me their second choice," she nodded happily with her explanation. "Someone I can be myself with, and he can be himself with me. If we can support each other, it would be great," she said, smiling as she finishes answering.

"Do you have any hobbies?" The staff asked her and she thought about it for a few seconds. "Well, I really enjoy playing the saxophone. It's really fun," she smiled softly.

————————

"Wow!!" The 5 panelists react when the screen shows a clip of Duri playing the saxophone. She was really good at it and she looked good playing the instrument.

The screen changes the clip to Duri playing the piano and then the violin. The people were surprised as they observed intently. "She plays various instruments," Jin-kyung said amazed.

"She's so good," Da-hee muttered watching the screen.

————————

"I also enjoy baking in my free time. I like making cakes and various types of cookies," Duri said with a smile. "Now I'm craving some cookies," she added, laughing while frowning. Some of the staff joined in on the laughter. "I also enjoy running. Taking daily runs is surprisingly relaxing," she said, nodding her head with a smile.

Duri smiled when she was asked why she came to the show. She tilted her head to the side and let out a small sigh before answering.

"Don't make fun of me, okay?" she warned, chuckling a little. "I just felt like something was missing from my life. There was this hole in my stomach filled with loneliness and dissatisfaction, so I decided it was a good time to give love a chance," she explained with a smile. "In a dating show... That's kind of funny," she said, laughing.

————————

Da-hee leaned forward in her seat and spoke, "I hope she finds someone to fill that missing part she feels."

Kyuhyun nodded in agreement, saying, "Yes, she seems like a sweet person. We'll have to see how her quest to find someone who completes her goes." They all nodded in response.

"I'm rooting for her," Da-hee added with a smile.

————————

...
Written: February 1st, 2024. 0:16 am
Posted: February 5, 2024. 7:00am
Edited: ✓

 7:00amEdited: ✓