the maid

It was 2 weeks since my best friend had died in battle, I couldn't even stand on my feet properly but if I wanted to keep living as I did I must work for it, it's what she would have wanted me to do. it was so hard, especially cooking and cleaning for the prince loki. I was constantly being yelled at for it not being what he wanted or that his sheets were too soft or his clothes weren't ironed correctly yada yada. 

~~~earlier that day~~~

"Y/N" I sighed knowing what was coming 'not today just not today' I mumbled, I entered lokis room too him with only his long pants on "yes my prince" I said with not much expression "you are working so SLOW today I am busy which you wouldn't understand just hurry up and bring me lunch" my face began to fall in sadness I dashed out of the room as the tears began to run. i cleaned my face as I  made my way down to the kitchen "chef would you please prep aa meal for the prince" "yes ma- oh your lokis, ugh yes ill make it and get someone to bring it up"

(us maids wore specific uniforms as to address which prince we served. i wore a dark green tight-fitting top with either a choice of tight long black pants that hung below the ankles or a skirt, today I wore the black skirt which included an apron over top) 

i thanked the chef and began to head back to the room, i moved slow dragging my feet behind me, i looked down at my locket and flicked it open to see a photo of me and my best friend, Petra. She looked back at me with those eyes, i covered my own as tears came out. i kept pushing through and made my way back to his room i pushed the door open...

"GET OUT I'M CHANGING" a voice yelled, i jolted but my eyes were foggy so i just turned around and made my way out, i felt a hand grab my arm. "whats wrong with you" i looked up into the prince eyes as he looked at me frustrated "n-nothing I'm fine" i saiod as i pulled my arm away, his gri[ tightening "just tell me I'm not going to deal with you upset or on your period or whatever" i looked at him in disgust how could he ever think he would be king.

"you want to know what happened" the slow tears dripping from my eyes, he looked at me puffed out his lips and tilted down eye brows as he widened his eyes and nodded "my best friend was killed 2 weeks ago but yet I put my feelings and dignity on the line to serve you my prince" he looked down at me and pursed his lips, his eyes having little emotion "you took enough time off you will be fine," he said as he let go of me and turned around.

i clenched my fists and left the room as the chef brushed past me "hey do yo-" "just give it to him or not i don't care" i yelled as i made my way down the hall. i took my apron off and threw it to the side of the castle as i stormed past everyone, i only had an hour left its whatever. i couldn't deal with that arrogant prick much longer anyways. 

i headed out those castle doors and made my distance away from the castle, i looked up at Lokis room, and he stood out on his balcony and looked out. was he looking at me? i couldn't tell i swung around and kept walking. As of being born from a witch, it came with its upsides that no one could know about. Only my best friend knew, i swung around a corner and checked if anyone was there, i spun my hand in a circle as a new set of clothes appeared, a beautiful dark green dress that sparkled as the setting sun hit it. i had tall black heals on and a small black bag, with a mask which covered my face and hair but left my eyes and mouth open. i was known as the masked beauty wherever I went, mostly bars others would just run away.

i walked down to one of the most expensive bars in the city. i sat at the bar as the bar keep came over, "Usual; ma'am" god that's embarrassing he knows what i want "yea sure thanks" the red drink was placed in front of me as i grasped it in my hands "thanks" god i cant stop thinking of that asshole, why do i still work for him, to serve my kingdom? for money? for the royalties which come with it, i dont need all of that I'm a fucking which.