Chapter 2

Lauren Jauregui POV:

After the concert, the girls and I made our way back to the bus. I slumped down into the chair and just stared at the floor. The concert went well but I was completely and utterly exhausted. The lack of sleep due to ongoing nightly cry sessions has really begun taking a toll on me. I know I have to get over Lucas and his betrayal but it is so incredibly hard. I know the girls are going to get sick of my mopey attitude but they don't understand how much it hurts.

I sighed deeply and slumped further into the chair. "Lauren, why don't we do something fun tonight to brighten your mood?" I heard Ally ask. She came over and sat down next to me and placed her small hand on my knee. I just shook my head in response not trusting the knot forming in my throat. I could feel her stare at me waiting for me to change my mind. I refused to change my gaze towards her, knowing that making eye contact would break me and cause another bout of crying uncontrollably. The silence surrounding us was getting overwhelming and I just wanted to disappear into darkness. Ally's phone started to ring startling us both and she quickly looked at her phone to confirm who was calling.

I glanced at her phone screen quickly and saw that Will was calling her. I saw her smile at her phone from the corner of my eye. "Do you mind if I take this call, Laur?" she hesitantly asked. I nodded and she quickly stood up and raced back to her bunk. I reached over and grabbed a blanket quickly wrapping myself up like a secure burrito.

Dinah swung open the door of the bus, a blast of cold air quickly hit my face, inviting me to snuggle in more into the blanket. Sam, Dinah and Normani scurried into the bus and stood in front of me. "What?" I questioned quietly; they all laughed making me roll my eyes. "You look so cosy, Laur!" Sam squealed, she sat next to me and attempted to join me in the blanket. Of course I fought back not wanting any of the cold air to hit my skin.

"At least shut the damn door! It is freezing out there." I pleaded. Normani looked back at the door and shut it harshly. "We are bored Lauren. Entertain us." Mani said bluntly. I shook my head. "Please leave me alone. I'm not in the mood." I responded. They all groaned loudly.

"Lauren, you are never in the mood anymore!" Dinah dramatically exclaimed. I shrugged my shoulders in response although I'm not convinced they actually saw the movement because of the fluffy blanket covering my body. Dinah and Mani looked at each other before lunging towards me and poking me in the face repeatedly. I huffed but refused to fight back and give them the satisfaction.

"Girls, leave her alone. She is heartbroken and we need to help her." Sam said, pushing Mani and Dinah away from me protectively. I smiled lightly at Sam in appreciation. "How about we order some ice cream and watch some movies!" Dinah offered. That did sound quite nice and I nodded. "Please can I have some Vanilla ice cream?" I asked quietly. They all laughed and said of course. I thanked them and mentioned that Ally might want to join us and directed them to where she was.

Dinah bounded towards the door to the bunks and swung it open and walked into the other "room" to grab Ally. I would love to know what her obsession with opening doors so violently is. Sometimes I believe she is going to yank the doors straight off the hinges. My parents would have whooped my ass if I opened the doors the way she does.

"Lauryyyyy, Laurennnn!" Sam whined out. I looked at her with one eyebrow raised and she smiled. "I'm going to miss you girls so much." She said sadly and patted my cheek. I smiled sadly, I completely forgot Sam was leaving to go on maternity leave. "You could always stay and we can help with the baby!" Normani interjected excitedly. Sam laughed and shook her head. "You know that is not possible. My husband wouldn't like that at all." she answered.

"Ice cream and movie night then is it?" Ally asked as she walked in with Dinah following closely behind. I smiled and nodded. Ally immediately got excited and jumped onto me. I groaned at the impact and she giggled. "Lets order it NOW!" Dinah yelled. I winced at the sudden loudness and again asked for my vanilla ice cream. We all quickly ordered our food and began fighting over the movie.

"You will meet Y/N tomorrow." Sam said, immediately grasping all of our attention. "What is she like?" I asked. I was nervous to meet the new girl to say the least. What if I didn't get along with her and now all of a sudden we were stuck with her for at least 7 months. What if she wasn't as cool and nice as Sam. All of us girls got along great with Sam, we even joked that if she could sing she could join the group.

"She is a genuinely lovely person, she is so talented too. You guys will love her. She will probably be quite shy at first but once you get to know her you will love her!" Sam gushed on. "You are close with her?" Mani asked.

"We worked together for a while. We went on tour with One Direction and then again with Little Mix. She was honestly the nicest person I've ever met. She got contracted to work with Victoria Secret runway models around 2 years ago and has been working in that area ever since." Sam said, providing a little background on her.

"How old is she?" Dinah asked. "She is only 22!" Sam said with a smile on her face. She is only a year younger than me, nice. Dinah groaned, "she is older than me!" We looked at her confused. "I was hoping she would be younger." Dinah explained, we laughed at her and teased her about her young age. "I think Y/N will fit right in." Sam said with a smile. "I hope so." Ally said. We nodded in agreement.

"Are you staying for a little bit whilst she is here?" I asked hopeful, I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Sam just yet. "Yes, I will be helping her for about 3 weeks, but then she is on her own and I will be going back home." Sam answered. Three weeks. I don't think that is enough time. Sam has become like an older sister to us and sometimes a mother; although she is only 28. Sam must have sensed my sadness because she immediately wrapped her arms around me. "You have my number, so you can always call me. Whenever and I'll make time for you." Sam whispered into my ear. I shuddered slightly at the closeness but relaxed pretty quickly.

Sam and I got the closest out of all of the girls. She helped me through a lot. She is one of my main support systems and losing her is going to hurt. I quickly thanked her for her offer. "Just think of Y/N as my replacement!" Sam cheered. We all glared at her. "We don't want to replace you." Ally said. Sam laughed lightly.

After a few more minutes our ice cream arrived and we eventually settled on watching Pitch Perfect, the better movie of the three in my opinion. The girls sang along to all the songs and for the first time in a while I felt genuinely happy. Once the movie finished Sam said she had to get back to her bus and that us girls needed to head to bed. "You need to be well rested for meeting Y/N tomorrow! I don't need a cranky fifth harmony!" We tried to argue but ultimately knew that she was right, not enough sleep does make us all exceptionally irritable.

I quickly did my nightly routine and headed to my bunk. For the first time since my breakup with Lucas I fell asleep without crying and it felt good.