Chapter 3

Lauren's POV:

I woke up to Ally yelling that we all need to get up and make the place more presentable for the newbie joining the team. I rolled my eyes and covered my ears with a pillow hoping to get a bit more sleep, of course that was wishful thinking...

"If I have to ask you all again there will be trouble." I heard Ally say loudly. I gulped and rolled over to be able to give Ally a hand at cleaning. She immediately handed me a cloth and told me to go wipe down the countertops in the other room stating that Dinah spilled some ice cream on them last night and she knew that no one had bothered to clean it up.

"Why do I have to clean Dinah's mess? Make her do it!" I whined out; my voice was deeper than usual as I had just woken up. Ally just stood there with one hand on her hip and her left eyebrow starting to raise slowly. I just groaned again and walked to the other room to clean the mess I didn't even make. Once I had finished cleaning down the counters, I started to pick up the pillows and blankets that were scattered throughout the room and folded them neatly on the couch. I bent over to pick up the last pillow and heard a whistle behind me which startled me. I stood up quickly, maybe too quickly as I had gone a little lightheaded and turned around to see Sam standing in the doorway laughing at my shocked face.

"Good morning to me!" she exclaimed, winking at me in a flirty manner. I rolled my eyes and told her to go away. She gasped dramatically and placed a hand on her heart.

"I'm here to introduce you all to Y/N." She said with a smile. I immediately got nervous; I dislike meeting new people. I looked down at what I was wearing, a crop top and shorts, and before I could tell Sam to give me a second to change, she dragged a younger girl into the bus. She almost tripped up with how aggressive Sam was being with her.

"Careful Sam! You almost hurt her." I blurted out. She just rolled her eyes at me, "You are fine, aren't you Y/N". Y/N nodded slowly unsure what to do. I smiled at her and I watched her eyes slowly trail down my body leaving me extremely self-conscious.

"Sorry, I haven't had time to change out of my pyjamas, it gets really hot here at night." I explained. She nodded again.

"I'm sure it does." Y/N smirked slightly about to say something else but Dinah interrupted us.

"IS SHE HERE YET?" Dinah yelled, waltzing into the room. "OOOOO HELLO Y/N" she continued to yell. I winced at the loudness and Sam scolded her like a child telling her it's a confined space and she needs to stop yelling. Normani and Ally quickly came out of the back room where our beds are to see Y/N.

Once we were all located in one place she smiled and introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Y/N, as you all seem to be aware about... I will be taking over for Sam as she went and got knocked up." Sam gasped and whacked her several times making her laugh adorably.

"Why did you have to word it like that?" Sam moaned and Y/N just shrugged. "I mean, it's true, isn't it?" She retorted and Sam and Y/N got into a friendly argument.

I couldn't help but smile, I think Y/N will fit right in. I thought she was going to be shy and intimidated by us but she definitely is not at all.

"I'm Ally, it's nice to meet you." She announced interrupting their little squabble.

"Hi Ally! You have the most perfect eyebrows." She started smiling politely. Ally thanked her shyly and Dinah and Normani introduced themselves and she also gave both of them a compliment. I guess next was my turn to introduce myself, ugh.

"I'm Lauren." I said rather bluntly by accident. She looked at me for a second and smiled before turning her attention onto Sam. I felt kind of hurt that she didn't compliment me but brushed it off and tried to appear happy. She quickly looked back at me and stated, "You're very beautiful Lauren." I immediately began blushing preferring the lack of compliment over the embarrassment of my flushed cheeks.

"Thank you. You are really beautiful too Y/N" I stammered out my words inwardly putting myself in the face. She just grinned cheekily at me and then groaned, "I have to do four people's makeup all by myself... everyday" she whined, dragging out the letters. Dinah laughed at her sudden outburst and promised that we were easy, Y/N quickly looked at Sam for confirmation who shook her head quickly. "They are definitely not easy. Especially Lauren." Sam confirmed singling me out for no reason at all.

"That is unfair! It's not my fault I get bored and move" I argued.

"So I bore you." Sam responded looking hurt although I knew it was all an act so I just rolled my eyes and began arguing with Sam. I slyly watched as Y/N walked over to Ally and they began chatting about random things.

"Why are there so many arguments happening today?" Normani mentioned nonchalantly.

"I bring chaos wherever I go." Y/N answered before returning to her conversation with Ally, her blunt response making Mani and DJ laugh.

"I told you that Y/N will fit right in." Sam said as she walked over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah, she is nothing like how I imagined." I responded. Sam chuckled looking at Y/N in an adoring way.

"She sure is something, hey. She is genuinely one of the funniest and most confident people I know, it is something I admire deeply about her. She is like my little sister though, so if you even think about trying it on with her, don't." warned Sam. I gulped and the sudden tone shift from Sam.

"I have sworn off relationships so you don't have to worry about me." I responded. Sam pulled away from the hug and looked at me sadly.

"Right Y/N we best be off, I got to show you around your station, well your soon be station." Sam announced, grabbing all our attention, "We will meet you guys later before your show."

"Bye girls!" Sam said, walking towards the door and opening it for Y/N.

"Bye girlies, bye Lauren." Y/N said, looking at me, giving me a wink before heading off the bus, my face immediately flushed red. I heard Normani, Dinah and Ally giggle. Sam rolled her eyes and began telling Y/N off as she shut the door. "You cannot flirt with clients like that I..." is all we heard before the door was shut muffling their conversation.

"I think Y/N may like you, Lauren." Ally teased. I just rolled my eyes, "Well the feeling isn't mutual" I said back angrily. Ally sighed at my response, "I was only messing with you Lauren, there is no need to get so angry." I didn't respond and went back into my bunk to hopefully get some more shut eye before we have meetings.

"I am sorry Lauren." Ally continued trailing after me.

"It's fine Ally. I am just tired and it has been a heck of a morning." I responded, smiling at her gently before clambering up into my bed and shutting the curtain quickly.

"Lauren please, I thought you would be happier by now." Ally said, continuing to talk to me through the closed curtain.

"There is no timeframe for heartbreak Allyson." I retorted back before grabbing my headphones and clicking on the Spotify app on my phone to hopefully drown out her voice with my meditation tracks. My mind travelled back to Y/N. She really was beautiful and appeared to be very confident and outgoing. I bet she will get along with Dinah the best, they seem to have similar temperaments.

She has had a lot of experience in the industry and must have begun working at quite a young age, especially to get where she is so quickly, remembering Sam's conversation about her work history. Y/N swirled around my mind before I fell back asleep and dreamt of nothing.

"Lauren." Dinah said, poking me slightly.

"What" I mumbled back.

"I don't know how you have managed to sleep as long as you have but we have to get into the car and head to the arena for the concert." Dinah responded.

"What." I quickly shot back up, and grabbed my phone to look at the time, it was now 4 o clock, how have I managed to sleep for another 9 hours. I groaned and quickly rushed past Dinah to get to the bathroom and change into something less revealing, no point in dressing up as this won't be my onstage outfit which is probably even more revealing. I rolled my eyes at the thoughts and got dressed as quickly as I could knowing that we were already late.