Chapter 28: Hold Back

Denise's POV

It's been awhile since I spent the day alone and tama nga si M that a break from my usual routine would help me listen to my inner self more.

Graduation na namin in a few days and I also luckily passed my board exam. Yours truly is already a licensed psychometrician. This and all, included na yung option ko to transfer to NYC for a work opportunity, have been bugging me. I guess overwhelmed lang ako sa lahat ng success, recognition and such, and anxious at the same time because the moment we graduate in the program, it also means M and I will do LDR since she's going back to the Philippines.

Another thing is this, a talent scout just talked to me recently and offered a modeling stint across Southeast Asia, Philippines being its base. I googled the company and found out it's a massive one. I used to do print ads and teen fashion shows before kaya hindi ko masasabing it's something unknown for me. Yung catch talaga dito is the chance to be in the same country with my girlfriend but it'd blur my psyche career. I haven't told M about this yet.

"Miss, malalim ata iniisip natin?"

"Hun naman!"  I jolted away and held my chest. Gulat ako eh huhu.

She quickly kissed my cheek and eased the bag from my grip. "Kanina pa kita tinatawag eh. Let's go?"

"Sabi mo ipapasundo mo ko kay Max! Syempre magugulat ako to see you here instead."

"Oo nga. Si Max ang nag drive. Kasama rin namin si Janina and baby Skye. Grabe to.. di mo ba ako na-miss?"

"Hehe syempre namiss!" I answered nung namabawi nako from the gulat. "Pa-hug nga!" I squeezed her in and playfully sniffed her neck. "Ang bango naman ng mahal ko."

The nonstop honking made me stop. Kill joy talaga tong mga to.

"Wifey, I guess naka off parin ang phone mo kaya hindi mo nabasa messages ko and ng mom mo."

"Huh? Oh my..."

"Ok lang yan. She actually invited us to go to your house and sleep over. Miss na raw nya si Skye."

"Mom is so clingy talaga."

"Naghahanap na ata ng apo si Tita Clara, wifey."
She said that absentmindedly and when she realized the gravity of her words, she scratched her kilay. A habit of her I find really cute when she's anxious and kinikilig.

"Eh ikaw.. kung ready ka na bigyan ko na si mommy ng apo." I shrugged and side eyed her as I strutted my way to the car. She froze.

"Denise! Ano nangyari sa isang yun?" Nini asked when I get in the car.

"Kinilig ata."

"Aish! Shut up."

"Hahahaha!" Pagtingin ko naman, papapasok na si M sa car. Dito rin sya sa backseat kasi nasa front si Skye. Pogi talaga ng inaanak ko. Mana sa mommy nyang matakaw sa tulog.

"Nini, move." M said. Nasa gitna kasi si Nini and ayaw nya gumalaw.

"Excuse me? Nahihilo na ako sa byahe. Need ko na nasa center ako para kita ko yung road sa unahan. Umikot ka kaya noh? Maghiwalay naman kayo ni Denise please lang... napaka clingy mo."

"Ayaw mo talaga magmove sa gilid?" M desperately asked.

"I don't want to. Bahala ka dyan," pagmamatigas ni Nini and puts her head on my shoulder.