Chapter 9

IMPORTANT: While Kaveh was in the 'void' multiple days passed in the real life.

Alhaithams POV

Multiple days had passed since Kaveh got attacked in the desert. 

After hearing what happened, Cyno went to the place and 'dealt' with the eremites, so the place was safe now and they continued building the school for Kavehs sake.

This whole time I never left Kavehs side, even falling asleep on the chair in the room, holding his hand...

It was getting late again and there I was, sitting on a old wooden chair, holding Kaveh's hand for the 6th day straight.

Someone knocked on the door and then opened it.

Tighnari entered holding a tray with food.

He sighed "Alhaitham... how long are you planning to stay like this? It is extremely unhealthy and you also have to work at the Akademiya"

He then proceeded to leave the tray on the table next to me and made a short check-up on Kaveh. While doing so he continued:

"...Alhaitham please...I'm still not sure if he'll make it... you'll have-"

"He'll make it! He has to!" I stood up abruptly and grabbed Tighnari by the shoulders, desperate for some reassurance that Kaveh would be all right.

Tighnari first got scared at my sudden, aggresive movement, but his look inmidiately softened. There was even a hint of sadness.

"I know how you feel, Alhaitham... He's my best friend and the feeling of not being able to do more is killing me inside. We both have to be strong and let Kaveh fight for his life, there's nothing else we can do... so please go out, go to work, eat properly and then you can come and visit him every day, but don't let this consume you completely. Kaveh wouldn't want to see you like this."

He was right...

This wasn't healthy.

Kaveh would be scolding me right now and forcing me to go outside and not worry about him.

I stood up, ready to reclaim my life and stop being lazy by using Kaveh's condition as an excuse to do nothing, when I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye.

Kavehs fingers twiched a little bit and then a miracle happened.

"...A-alhaitham..." he was mumbling my name. Tighnari noticed too and rushed to help him.

As he did, I took Kaveh's hand.

"I'm here, Kaveh!" Tears streamed down my face, but they weren't tears of sadness. They were tears of hope. Hope that Kaveh would wake up soon and be cured.

Hearing the commotion, Collei entered the room and immediately lent a hand to Tighnari, adjusting everything around Kaveh.

As Tighnari began to check his vitals, he also began to cry, telling me that his biometrics were stable and that there was a great chance that he would recover soon.