Chapter 12

Kavehs POV

After the kiss it was time for me to throw the bouquet of flowers to see who would catch it (just imagine he had one this whole time)

And for our luck Tighnari caught it and inmidiately blushed when he made eye contact with Cyno.

Everyone around us cheered them on and was Cyno actually getting flustered too?!

We, then, left the cathedral and walked down the stairs towards Mondstadts main square (idk how to call it) where the anemo archons statue was, because we had decided we would eat there.

With the help of the Knights of Favonious we had set up tables all around the statue and Xiangling and Sara would now take care of the food and drinks.

But before the food was served it was time for Albedo to reveal the painting.

Everyone gathered around our table and then Albedo came with the canvas turned to him, not yet revealing the painting.

Then, finally, Albedo turned the canvas towards us and everyone gasped. Including us.

The image was perfect.

Albedo had captured all the emotions and the moment perfectly. (Just imagine that the painting is somewhat like the one my gf drew)

I took the canvas and looked at Alhaitham, tears in my eyes.

"It's perfect..." I whispered and he nodded, wrapping his arm around my shouder, also admiring the picture.

After everyone had praised Albedo's skills and applaud the image, it was time to eat.

"Kaveh..." I heard someone say and when I turned around I saw my mother coming closer.

Seeing that Alhaitham excused himself to leave me alone with her, which I was extremely grateful for.

We both sat down and an uncomfortable silence fell over us.

"I-" we both started at the same time and chuckled.

"You start" I said and my mother nodded and took a deep breath.

"Kaveh... I-I cannot tell you how sorry I actually am. I left you for a selfish reason in a very hard moment of your life...Alhaitham made me a short summary of what happened to you a-and I-I... I am a horrible m-mother...I neglected my own son..."

She was starting to tear up, which made me tear up too.

"I wasn't there for my baby, when he needed me t-the most..."

I took her hand, "Mom, it's okay. I never blamed you for anything. Times were tough for you too and you just needed a fresh start. I had other people on my side, who helped me through."

This had been very emotional for both of us. She, then gently cupped my cheek and wiped my tears away with her thumb. I put my hand over hers.

"Look at you...you've grown so handsome and tall, you're even married now!And after all of what I did your still forgiving me... you're a wonderful person, you know that? Alhaitham is a lucky guy"