⌛ Fifty Eight ⌛

Jungkook finds himself entering the tree house once more after his friend called him. He can see the boy staring out the little window with his eyes lost on the horizon. During the phonecall he could sense something was wrong. And now he confirms it. Tae's eyes show he's been crying even if now he's trying to stay composed. Jungkook sits by his side and hears him whisper.

- It was positive

- I thought so. Then...shit, we need to get Jin out of there

- Hmm?

- If your grandfather is hitting him that could be dangerous!

- Yeah...

- So I guess this timeline has 3 Taehyungs if we count the baby and the other you

- Maybe there shouldn't even be one...

Taehyung keeps looking forward as he says it but the youngest can't help turning his way. His words came out in a tired but honest tone.

- What are you talking about, Tae?

- I'm the problem that needs to be fixed. They had me in the least appropriate time. If it wasn't for me...they would've been happy

Jungkook holds one of his shoulders to make him turn softly. He makes eye contact to make sure he pays attention to his words.

- Tae, listen to me. That's not true. Your parents love you! Namjoon said he'd be proud to have a son like you, remember? And he-

- Yeah, he would've been happy to have me in his thirties. Maybe. But now? They didn't plan this. They ended up together only because of me. The only reason why Jin stayed with my father after being mistreated was for me. And the only reason Namjoon gave up his freedom was to work with the jackass of my grandfather to maintain me.

- Yes, they chose to do that. Why do you think they took those decisions? Because they thought it was worth it

- Because they were wrong! If they would've lost me they'd be so much better!

- That's not-

- Think about it! You don't even need to think of the reason we came here the first time. Think of how things were when we changed the future.

- Traumatic, honestly

- Namjoon wasn't my father because Jin never told him about it. And you know why? Because this Jin knows Namjoon. They had dates, long conversations, he knows what future plans Namjoon has. He knows being a father at 18 is not for him. And this Yoongi has no idea who the father of the baby is, he just wanted that shitty job at the music company and you know it.

All his theories are true. The reason why Jin was hiding the truth and why Yoongi accepted. They would love to deny it but they know. Tae feels the tears come out again. Because deep inside he always knew. He always felt like a problem. He lived a life where his family felt forced together. He always thought Namjoon only stayed for the money. But no. He stayed for him.

- Jin...he sacrificed everything for me. His studies, his place in the company. Fuck, last time we visited the future we saw how he gave up love so I could have a family and Namjoon could be happy. And it worked

- No, it didn't!

- I'm not saying it was fun to see. But Jin took the right choice there. Thanks to that, there were no fights, no hate, both families got far, I got a calm childhood and Namjoon was free to choose his way

- That future sucked and you know it. They weren't happy for real. You saw them cry! It wasn't a solution

- That's because I was still there but...if Jin could decide not to keep me...their life would be so much better.

Tae can only imagine what things could've been like. They could keep dating, taking things day by day like Namjoon wanted. Jin would've had the time to study so he wouldn't end up taking care of the house unable to find another job. Even for Jungkook's parents this could've been a good idea. Yoongi can't fuck it up if there's no baby to look after. But Jungkook holds Tae's face softly, cleaning his tears with his thumbs.

- If Jin loses you, his life will be different. I don't know if better or worse. Different. He might be able to move on. He doesn't know you...but I do, Taehyung.

- Kookie, please. It's the right thing to do

- No. It can't be. You can't leave my life like this. You can't leave me

- Oh please, everyone would be better without me

- A life without you, knowing how you can make me feel just by existing? How am I gonna go through that?

- All I did for you was hurt you! You're the most important person in my life and I broke your heart like an asshole...

Jungkook smiles softly. His tears are also falling down his cheeks. He stares into Tae's pretty eyes, stopping a second to admire the cute mole under one of them, enjoying how his cheeks are tainted red, the lips he kissed before, the softness of his skin as he holds his pretty face. To just think about losing him, seeing him disappear and pretend like he was never there...

- I love that it was you who broke my heart. Even the saddest day of my life...I'm glad I lived it with you. And I'm sure that if future Jin and Namjoon could talk to you they would say the same

- B-But I ruined-

- You didn't ruin anything. You changed it, sure. But things don't get ruined just for someone's existence.

- I just...I don't want them to be unhappy...

- They won't be. We'll fix it. And I'm not trying to be optimistic here. I'm making you a promise. We've seen enough. We'll change everything. Every single detail if we have to. But we'll do it together. You and me. Okay?

Jungkook gets closer so their foreheads touch. The tip of their noses having a soft contact and their eyes looking only at each other. There's not a kiss. There's no need for it. They just stay like that. Not pulling away.

- Thank you, Kookie...for loving me despite everything...

Jungkook chuckles for a second. Because yes. He would love him even if he causes the end of the fucking world. That night, they don't pull apart. They end up sleeping in each others arms. Like in the old times. No. Actually... different than the old times. Now every barrier Tae ever built around him not to show his true feelings has fallen down. And all that's left is a fragile boy that needs to be held tonight. And Jungkook is more than willing to do that...

Next Chapter

D-Don't worry, let me take c-care of you

You know why I can't kiss you, magic?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes! I had this chapter saved as "Tae's existential crisis" and even though it didn't come out that well I really like it 🥺

Get ready to get a looot of Yoongi and Yoonmin! If I can I'll make a double update like I did with the Namjin past! But I make no promises!

- Baby Y (Ready to buy the tickets for D-Day concert movie 😍❤️)