empire of bones

BLURB

One Academy. Two Apart. Three Atrocities.

Nerezza, bound by a cryptic promise, navigates an academy where mirrors reflect deepest fears. Unveiling sinister secrets, she must fight to escape a deadly destiny.

*.*.*.*.*.
Nerezza is a young seventeen year bearing a secret that's as haunting as it is daunting. Bound by it and the promise of keeping her best friend safe and happy, she enters an exclusive academy where fears manifest in mirrors and overcoming them is the key. For the Spectral Mirror, horror is in the eye of the beholder and ultimate fears differ individually. Little does she know, the Academy conceals a darker truth.

Now Nerezza must navigate deception and death omens, unraveling the academy's true nature. With the spectre of sacrifice looking, Nerezza must find a way to save her best friend and herself from the promise made while forging alliances and discovering her own strength. Will she break free or succumb to the academy's shadows, forever tethered to a malevolent fate?

*.*.*.*.*.
Written for the ONC 2024 contest.
Prompts:
5: Horror is in the eye of the beholder (Main Prompt).
67: A promise is a promise. A secret is a secret. They must not tell anybody.
80: Meet me next life.

AESTHETICS
Nerezza

AESTHETICSNerezza

Killian

BOOK COVERS

♡ SETTING♡

SETTING

☀︎There are seven powers. Light (Luminara), Shadow (Nyxland), Earth (Obsidian), Nature (Sylvoran), Air (Aethrian), Fire (Pyrhelm) and Ice (Frostia).

☀︎This is set in Ossian, the empire of bones. A place where betrayers of the First Goddess, Oezlin and their descendants were thrown into.

DISCLAIMERS

☀︎This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, events, places and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

☀︎I'll accept criticism but not hate.
I appreciate people who try to explain things, how things work and what they thought wasn't written or explained well in the book and I take note of that. But if someone insults me or my book, I'll block you. If this isn't the book for you, refrain from insults, you can just leave the book. You can tell me what you think isn't good, but don't go around insulting me.

☀︎The pictures I used are from Pinterest and I only did the editing.

☀︎The book is marked mature because there is a certain amount of gore, violence and blood. Swearing too.

☀︎I haven't had time to edit yet so this is a first draft of some sorts. Enjoy!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm excited for this year's onc and I hope anyone who reads this is okay and taking good care. Health is life. Take great care of your body, soul and mind.

Thanks for clicking on my story and I hope you like it. Also, if you want to be notified when I update, please add this book to your reading list. It would mean so much if you'd vote and comment for me too. Thanks for all your support!

Start Date: 29/02/2024

Completion Date: 30/04/2024

COPYRIGHT
©️ Copyright 2024 the_ivoryy. Any form of plagiarism in the forms of copying, distribution etc of chapters, epilogues, or bonus chapters (if I eventually have any) shall not be tolerated and can be punishable by law.