☀️Chaper two🌙

You allowed your father to enter, and he sits on the bed, gesturing for you to sit. You take a nearby chair, and you sit down, waiting to hear what he needs to say.
"Y/n... you're aware that you are of age to gain the throne, correct?"
You nodded.
He sighed before continuing. "In order for you to inherent the throne, you need a partner...

.

.

.

"WHAT!?" you exclaimed loudly.

"Why do I need a partner? You never told me this before."
You had a look of disbelief. Why didn't they tell you this? This sounds like something they should have mentioned.
Your father sighed again before answering. "It's been a tradition for many years. I became king when I married your mother, and I was able to remain king after. You may choose whomever you desire so long as they treat you well. You will remain the sole heir to the throne and the true queen."
You understood, and you were thankful that you could choose, but still... you didn't want to get in a relationship just yet. You were still young, and you didn't feel ready. You noticed your father stand up, and you followed him to the door.
"The ball is starting soon, I have a car ready for you," He stated.
"Thanks, dad."
You went and quickly changed into the gown. You put on a small amount of makeup and some flats.
"There's no way in hell I'm dancing in heels."
You stated. You walk out of the castle and into the limo.

An hour later, you made it to the ball. You walked inside, and you headed straight for the food.
You noticed they had human food and vampire food made. You grabbed some small desserts and headed to the garden. It was way too crowded for your liking. It made you feel dizzy.
You made it to the garden and noticed how beautiful it was. You recognized the flowers, and they were specifically ones that bloomed at night. It makes sense because vampires have very sensitive skin to the sun. They get sunburt easier than humans do.
You could hear the music playing from the inside so you decided to dance. You put down your plate of sweets and started dancing through the garden. That was until... a cold, monotone voice spoke to her.

"Who are you, and why are you in my garden?"

(I hope you all are enjoying this so far!)