Day to Day Norm Pt.7

The early part of the morning had just started but Norm and Jake were anything but happy about the morning. This morning they prepare your body for burial later in the day. While your avatar would be buried close to Tsu'tey's, your human body would be buried at Hell's Gate along with your dad and all of the people who defected with him. Neytiri walked into the kelku where they were preparing your body and she knelt next to your head. She took out the braids from the battle and redid them in a more traditionally elegant manner. She took the song cord she had helped you piece together before the destruction of Hometree and handed it to Norm.

"I will teach you what each part means, the song it creates, so that you may remember her by her accomplishments." Neytiri tells Norm, who ducks his head sadly. His ears drooped back as he nodded.

"Thank you, Neytiri." Norm says and she gives him a small smile.

"We're here for you anytime you need us." Jake tells Norm, who chuckles lightly.

"If I'm correct... You two have something a bit more important to think about." Norm says gesturing toward Neytiri's stomach. The couple looks away from him bashfully. Not because of the events that led to the pregnancy or newly mated bliss, but because they were still sitting next to your body. The one who was supposed to bare his children. The three continue to work on cleaning your body and Neytiri starts humming. Jake's ears perk up and he listens to her as she sings.

"What are you singing?" Jake asks her and she casts a look at your songcord. He takes hold of her hand gently. "Why don't you sing it for us?" She holds her hand out for Norm to return the songcord to her and he does so. Norm as your mate and Jake as your brother return to their duty as Neytiri starts humming a base melody.

"Ma Eywa has given me freedom from my first life." She sang as she ran her finger over the first bead, which Jake recognized as a bioluminescent rock he had given to you when you were accepted into the Omatikaya to train with them. "For this, I give my thanks. We live among the people as one of them. For this, I give my thanks." Neytiri continued to sing as she ran her fingers over smaller wooden beads. The next bead seemed to be handmade since it was mostly yellow, with red dropped in the middle of it. "Ma Eywa has given me a brother, ma Jake." Jake's ears perk forward at that verse since it spoke of him as your family. The chorus repeated and Jake and Norm were both watching her fingers run over the beads. The next was a tuft of hair held together by a small strip of leather. "In coming here I was given a mother. So smart and so strong and beautiful, ma Grace." Neytiri's voice started to waver but she continued determined to finish. "He came to his mind and Sees us. He came back to me, ma sempul, Miles." Jake's ears dip back thinking of how beautiful your songcord is, but how tragic it is when he thinks about those who have been mentioned. The next larger bead was blue with a lighter brown circle on one side. "Ma Eywa, brought ma tsmukan, Miles. The sweet younger brother who will be strong like our father." Her finger drifts over the next noticeable bead which had been carved and painted blue and green. "By Eywa's grace, ma tsmuke(sister), Neytiri. She Sees us for who we are, not where we come from." The song continued with how you had passed your iknimaya and been fully accepted as one of the people. She continues down the cord and smiles at the second to last larger bead. "She gifted me him, my savior. The man I will love for all eternity, ma Norm." She sings and continues down the line. The last bead was where she seemed to freeze for a moment and took a deep breath. The bead was a small rough rock that Neytiri knew the meaning of. She knew because the two of you had added these beads together and she had a matching one on her songcord. "Ma Norm and I, we welcome a new life. It grows inside me right now. A welcome addition to my family." Neytiri closed out the song cord and Norm cast his eyes down to your body.

"Neytiri... Was she pregnant?" Jake asked the question that was swirling in Norm's head.

"She was." Neytiri whispered and Jake felt like the air had been knocked from his lungs. Norm was silent as he looked over your figure, trying to process this information.