Chapter 99

On paper, there were two lines, one black and the other blue, weaving through the cause and effect, love and hatred of the past lifetime, entangling the true and false past.

Song Yu bowed his head, staring blankly, his expression a mix of shock and confusion.

He was startled.

Xie Sui said, "Who is the author of 'Gentle Control,' and where did you read it, can you tell me, Yu Yu?"

Song Yu, barefoot on the blanket, felt a chill spreading through his body, his mind in chaos.

He bit his lip, grabbing his hair, and with determination, he decided to confess, "At first, I thought I wasn't from this world."

"I saw this book in another world, slept, and woke up here."

"There's something claiming to be a system, it told me a lot, roughly asking me to follow the plot, but I didn't listen. I chose to come to Jingcheng to find you, and then it got angry and disappeared. When it came back, it told me not to like you, but I still fell for you, and it got angry again and left."

Xie Sui nodded gently, his gaze affectionate.

Song Yu's emotions slowly stabilized, silent for a moment. He didn't plan to tell Xie Sui about the revenge and regret mentioned by 008, only spoke seriously and calmly, "Xie Sui, if one day I suddenly fall into a coma or sleep, don't be afraid. At that time, I should be meeting the system and the so-called main god. I will definitely destroy them and then wake up to find you."

Xie Sui held his cold hand, speaking softly, "Okay."

Song Yu raised his head, earnestly outlining his features under the lamplight. Eyebrows, nose bridge, lips, familiar and intimate. The chill in his heart was driven away by a warm flow, and he smiled again, "Finally, I've opened up."

Xie Sui also smiled, lowering his eyes to kiss the corner of his eye.

"Finally opened up."

Song Yu felt a bit puzzled about Xie Sui's thoughts.

But all the roots and crises were on him, and as his boyfriend, Xie Sui must also be feeling uneasy.

Song Yu reassured, "Don't worry. Since I woke up, I haven't followed a single word of what that system said, and it hasn't been able to do anything to me now."

"Amazing, Yuyu."

Xie Sui smiled, but his eyes were cold.

Song Yu felt a bit bitter; he knew mentioning 008 and the main god only added trouble. How to resolve two ideological entities was beyond him, and all he could offer Xie Sui in terms of security was this.

He changed the subject, "When you reincarnated and saw me at first, did you think I was foolish?"

"What?"

"...I think you probably did."

Thinking about this, Song Yu cursed inwardly.

Xie Sui said, "No, as I said, it was love at first sight. I love everything you do."

Song Yu was comforted, and his gaze fell on the diary beside him.

"Is that written by Aunt Xu?"

"Yes," Xie Sui opened the diary and said softly, "Do you want to read it?"

In the dim light of the desk lamp, the words led him into a woman's life devoted to love unto death.

Xie Sui spoke slowly, "When I was born, she cut ties with the Xu family, living in a villa in the mountains, devoted to painting. We had little to say to each other when I was a child; she lived in her own world, undisturbed by anyone."