1

Who holds the throne holds everyone by their throat

This saying has been around for centuries, yet it still has a huge impact on the lives of the people of the Capital. Their minds were still locked at the idea that the King's words were final regardless of whether it was for good or bad. It has been twenty years since the boundary collapsed, demons from the other side of the world summoned portals to human settlements and lay waste. It affected the entirety of the kingdom, its economy, and everything in general.

Nineteen years ago, THE GRAND ENIGMA happened. A huge portal appeared in the sky which was enveloped with waves of black auras that kept sending strong creatures from the demon continent, usually a portal was only as large as a simple house but at that time it was as if the world was covered in massive darkness. The village Bundreth suffered the worst, as it lacked capable adventurers and soldiers to protect it.

Adventurers are people with gifted abilities, they are assessed and ranked from A to D, and S as the highest ranking

Adventurers are people with gifted abilities, they are assessed and ranked from A to D, and S as the highest ranking. Adventurers' abilities are awakened when they reach the age of twenty
There are only ten S-rank adventurers in the kingdom and some of them fought the THE GRAND ENIGMA, they somehow managed to stop the spreading of the remorseless slaughtering of the otherworldly monsters but many villages suffered greatly they never recovered. Became wastelands.

Hanbin was born in one of the affected villages, he was barely one year of age when he and his mother fled from their hopeless place and sought shelter in the Capital, one year after the calamity caused by THE GRAND ENIGMA his mother took her own life for an unknown reason, everyone assumed that the loss of her husband from the ENIGMA was too much for her to handle, but even so, most people hated the fact that she left her son alone.
Needless to say, Hanbin became an orphan at a very young age.

                                  ...

Now, he is in his twenties. He was assessed two days ago and given the rank of a low tier C. He is a mage, specifically a pyromancer. In terms of ability, Hanbin is much stronger than a regular person. He is sturdier and recovers a little faster than those who are not gifted. Because of this, he chose the path of being an adventurer, but a guildless one, as no guild had offered him a contract after the assessment.