Chapter 1

Two years had passed since that faithful day of Kate and Jack's breakup, and I can tell you a lot had changed.

Kate was now eighteen, with a college education in her sights. Kate had been accepted to one of the best colleges in the world, with a academic sports scholarship. She had moved on with her life, and she was on the road to success.

Jack on the other hand, had done something equally impressive; he had become one of the most successful singers on the planet.

What would happen when one little interview exposed the couple to the world? Who's life would be put in more jeopardy, Kate's or Jack's? Read they story and find out...

Jack's POV

"They want you now, Jay," A woman with a clipboard told me.

She had a microphone connected to her ear and was avidly speaking through it now that she had told me the information. I nodded, but she was already gone.

No chance for a chat then.

I stood up from the couch and brushed myself off, wiping the remnants of my breakfast from my lap. The dark green jeans felt cool and soft under my hands. Stylists grabbed at me on my walk to the studio giving me final touch ups on my hair and makeup, and clutching at my clothes making sure the designer clothes were hanging just right on my long muscular frame. Perfection was a big operation.

People rushed around me constantly having an urgent matter to attend to, as I stood at my spot waiting to go on to the chat show. I looked around, the scene before me never losing its novelty. Even after nearly a year and a half of constant shows, talks and guest appearances, the trials and tribulations of the stage crew still fascinated me. They had always fascinated me. It enthralled me watching people working as a great machine to produce something intangible and spectacular, each person working as a small yet vitally important gear to providing entertainment to the world. They provided a platform for the stars.

I entertained myself with my musings from my childhood for the next few minutes as I watched the men and women working. From a young age, four or five at the most, I imagined each star in the sky to correspond to an individual human soul living in my world. The first star in the sky was Jessica Morgen, the fastest person in my class. The two identical stars were my twin brothers, shining side by side, pride of the family and sky alike. The weak star, shining dully was the carnation of my teacher at school, who always seemed down and only just connected to life. And so the list went on. Every star had a personality, every star had a name and every star had an identity. I grew, and I learned another definition for stars, superstars. It was a definition that raised people up to some higher standard and was a lot closer to home. The stars had entranced me when I was younger, and I guess the stars still have the same effect on me today. Maybe that's why I ended up being one.

My countdown had started and I could hear my introduction looming. I could hear a male voice counting down from sixty. When he reached zero, he spoke to me:

"And start walking, Mr. Ryan,"

I plastered a smile on my face and casually strolled on to millions of screens all over the country.

"Jay Ryan, everybody"

I was greeted by a tumultuous round of applause by the studio audience. I could see young girls in the audience with tees displaying my face. They were waving their hearts out. I gave them a quick smile, before turning my attention back on stage to where the presenter was standing.

She greeted me with a huge hug, which I returned enthusiastically, gathering more then I few laughs from the crowd and even louder screams from the young girls.