Chapter Twelve

__________________________________

                     Can you come back to me,
                      cause I was blind to see
               that you were right in front of me

Infurnami- Steve Lacy
_________________________________

Infurnami- Steve Lacy_________________________________

                                          。^‿^。

  Drawing. Far easier said than done. The wooden pencil brushed against the note book, its lead trailing down the page.

All I could think about was newts hand in mine. The feeling of his skin against mine. The way Newt didn't let go, the way I couldn't let go. The way my heart is racing just thinking about what happened.

I'm deep thought I drew. When I finished I tore the piece of paper out of the book. I lifted it in the air. Unintentionally there was two hands, one small than the other, eagered to be held by the other. There fingers tips barely touching.

I crumble the paper feeling my inside turn, doing back flips.

"No." I muttered. "Think of something else." I shook my head aggressively, trying to shake all the Newt thoughts out of my mind.

Grabbing my pencil again, I began to draw this time my hand followed my pencil. The point of the pencil touched my paper slightly. A dot. Beneath the dot was a small line. Dot. Line. Dot. I drew a rectangular box beneath the pattern. Under there was a dot. Line. Dot. Line. Lastly a dot.

I looked at my creation, confused as to why I drew it in the first place. It's not very good looking and is a little basic. So why do I feel something while looking at it?

"It kept you busy, huh?"

When did Newt walk in?

Startled I flinched. "You scared the crap out of me." I put a hand to my chest, feeling my heart beat.

"Sorry." He mumbled, making his way over to the bed. I stared as he sat down by my feet. The boy yawned and stretched his arms in the air.

"Long day?" I tilted my head.

"Same old, same old." Newt dropped his arms to his side, glancing down at my paper. "Let me see what you've drawn so far, green bean." His head tilted up, trying to get a better look at my paper.

I pushed the book against my chest. Hiding it from his view. "It's too embarrassing to show." I told him.
"I'm a little rusty when it comes to drawing."

Newt pouted. "I'm sure it's not that bad. Let me see." His hand reached out for the note book and he leaned over, but I brought my knees towards my upper body causing Newts hand to hit my knees and retreat.

"Let me finish." I said trying to buy time. The drawing was lines and dots. Not really a drawing at all to be honest. Maybe I could draw something completely different.

"Five minutes."

I grinned, "You can't rush talent."

Newt scoffed. "You must be a good drawer then?" He teased, knowing his expectations were far too high for my stick figures.

"Sure, sure. Let's go with that." I removed the paper from my chest, looking down at it with my lips curved in.

Well. It's definitely something.

I felt the bed shake a little. The blonde moved in his spot and I payed no attention to it. My full attention being on the bland picture in my grip.

"You drew this?" Newt whispered in awe.

I looked up and away from my paper. My eyes widened seeing Newt hold the crumbled up paper from earlier in his hands. The one with a drawing of two hands. I turned warm, feeling embarrassed.

His face lit up, sending mixed signals into my overthinking brain."Can I keep it?" Asked Newt, he admired the art work. Liking it even more because of who had drawn it.

I pulled myself together and sat up, leaning a little over the blondes shoulder. The drawing wasn't too bad, but it could've been better. The only problem was it felt like I drew it because of Newt. And that was true. I practically drew our hands on a piece of paper and now Newt wants that piece of paper.

My face flushed in embarrassment again.

"You want it?" I clarified. Deep down I hoped he was talking about something completely different.

Newt looked away from the drawing, his eyes landing on my pinkish face. He forced himself not to laugh at how embarrassed I've become.

I rolled my eyes, playing it off as best as I could.

"Yes. Can I have it? Newt asked again, this time more softly. He gave me puppy dog eyes, practically begging for it.

A smile crept on my face.

How could I ever possibly say no to him?

"Yes." I responded. "You can have it, Newt."

The blonde smiled brightly like a child receiving a gift on Christmas. He looked back down at the paper once again.

I bit my bottom lip to keep me from laughing. It amused me how fond Newt was of the draw. He stared at the drawing in a daze. His eyes glanced all over the paper and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

____________________________

A/N: I wanted to add cute bonding moments before everything starts to become chaotic :)

What's a love story without a little drama?

Boring (¬_¬)