kali

We run out the back door, hand in hand, into the forest. My other arm tightly clutching my bear. We run for what feels like miles, until we reach a small wood tree house. El pulls me inside, and we just sit in silence on the damp pillows and thin blanket. "El," I say quietly. She tilts her head. "Isn't Brennar dead?" I ask. "I thought so." She answers. "Um.. do you... know why he isn't dead?" El looks as confused as I am. "No." She says. "But if he's here, he's looking for me. And if he's looking for me, he's looking for Kali too." She adds. "Who's Kali?" I ask. "My sister from Pennsylvania." Oh. "Do you know where she is?" I ask. "That's the problem she had to leave her warehouse because of me, but I can't find her since I lost my powers."

Rain patters on the sheet metal roof. Silence echos through the small hut, with barely enough room to sit up. El is asleep under the blanket, and her head is resting on my lower thigh. I sigh, trying to will my brain asleep. I lift El's head off my leg and place a pillow where I used to be, and then I scoot over to the other side, laying down on a cold grey pillow. El has the only blanket, so I take off my very oversized sweater and use it as a  makeshift one and cuddle under it with my bear. As I lay there, hidden from the rain, one thought overwhelms the rest.

What the fuck happened to my life?

I used to be this punk girl who solely cared about music and friends. Sure I was a little depressed, but now I'm a pathetic loser without a mom who can't go anywhere without her childhood stuffy and wears pajamas constantly. I guess this change is pretty recent though.

365 words

(AN: I'll write like seven chapters in one sitting and then not open this app for a month, so my timeline of my books is super messed up. So sorry if it doesn't match well with the rest of the book, bare with me here.)