Chapter 4

A/N : Please let me know if I need to fix anything, I take requests on how to better the story. I am still taking constructive criticism, but no bashing! If so you will be blocked. 

-Also should I make the chapters/parts longer? 

After about an hour or so, before leaving mother Smithers ended up giving me some advice. She told me that if I ever needed any advice or help to come to her. That If i was sure and absolutely positive that I loved and wanted to marry Charles that I should come to her. I of course smiled and thanked her; we even hugged. I was going to go back to work and finish the last few hours of my shift . But mother Smithers said that it would be better if I ended my shift. I obviously agreed because I still had Charles on my mind and I wouldn't be able to focus. Therefore, I went home for the night. 

I woke up the next morning and I decided that I needed to go to down town to Charles' job. I needed to try and see him. To talk to him. So that he could tell me why he has been avoiding me. So he could tell me exactly why he's left me high and dry. I thought that I should try and look my best since I didn't have a work shift that day. 

After calling Dela and filling her in on my plan she said that she would come over to help me ' reel him back in' whatever that meant. An hour later Dela kept her word and came over to help me with my hair, my outfit and literally made me feel beautiful. While getting ready I talked to Dela about everything. Everything that was going on, trying to get advice. I mean seeing as that she was being courted by his buddy Thierry I thought it was a good idea right? I mean how can it not be. Seeing as she was around him almost every other day. She was practically one with him.

All she talked about was Thierry this and Thierry that. It did kinda get a bit annoying, I'm not gonna lie. I mean don't get me wrong I was happy for Dela. Really I was, why wouldn't I be? How could I not be?He obviously made her happy, the happiest I've ever seen her in fact. She was my best friend. So therefore, I was happy for her.

While getting ready one singular thought was running through my head. So I finally sucked up the courage to ask her if she's seen Charles around while she's been hanging out with Thierry. I should ask her right? She can't judge me right? She wouldn't right? She's my best friend. My sister in the sense of it all. 

And who knows maybe she had seen him . And maybe just maybe she had seen him and he could have told her why he was avoiding me? Maybe tell her what I did if I did anything?... I turned around to face Dela and immediately I could tell that she knew that I was going to ask her about Charles. She just knew , of course she could read my expression; shes my best friend. Her expression changed from happy to concerned filled with remorse really fast. It was as if she was a light switch. She quickly pulled up a chair and sat down and held my hands...

" Jane-anne, I know what you're going to ask. And, I know that you won't stop until you find out." 

I look back up to her and get aggravated by her tone and words. Why was she talking to me as if I was a child? " Well then if you know what I'm going to say or ask then why won't you tell me?!" I shout. 

Dela's face changed to worried now, "Dela please you're my best friend, I mean you're practically my sister! What is so bad that not even you won't tell me?" 

Dela's face immediately went from concerned with remorse to now fear and sadness. I could tell that not only was it bad but that she knew I would be heartbroken... She told me to take a deep breath and then began to tell me how she ran into Charles while she was out with Thierry. She said that she confronted him and asked him why he hasn't seen me in weeks and why he's been avoiding me. She said that he told her that he couldn't see me anymore. 

Dela said that Charles said word for word, " Look Dela I can't see Jane-Anne anymore," She said that she obviously asked why and of course his answer was , " Because she's better off without me. I'm not the kind of person that she needs in her life." 

'Not the kind of person she needs in her life?' What the hell was that supposed to mean? I was confused about what he was talking about. Why would he think that? Why is he thinking that? What is he talking about? 

I looked at Dela confused, she knew that I was confused, she knew that I was gonna ask her for more than that cause she knew me too well. I mean why wouldn't she? We knew each other so well that we knew each other like the back of our own hands.

" What is that supposed to mean? Not good enough for me? What the hell? " 

She replied with ," He said that he can't see you anymore because he didn't want to promise something that he couldn't keep." 

What the hell? Are you fucking serious!? What was that supposed to mean? Make promises that he can't keep? I didn't understand a damn thing that he was saying! Or even insinuating, which made me even more furious. 

" Yes! I know ! He just stormed off after that." Dela said with an annoyed tone. 

She looked at me and just said that she was sorry. Then she just let me cry in her arms and let ramble on and let out all of my frustrations. Let me stand and just pace back and forth while cursing like a sailor, while also baling my fist until my knuckles were white.

After about a good hour or so she hugged me and then asked me what I wanted to do. After some minutes or so I told her what I wanted to do... right? What did I want to do? I honestly didn't know that if I wanted to still see him or not. Did I really want to keep putting myself out there after he made it abundantly clear that he no longer wanted to see me? To talk to me? Let alone acknowledge me? I pondered and pondered while Dela kept saying that I need to show him what he's been missing. Saying that if I don't go and confront him i'll regret it for the rest of my life. 

After her words of encouragement or more likely words that just empowered me to feel invincible. Words that made me want to go and find him and yell at him! Why shouldn't I yell at him?! I was Furious! I man who did he think he is?!? He just stopped seeing me! He can't just stop seeing me! And then when he was confronted about why he was acting like that he gave a half ass excuse! Making promises that he can't keep? Not good enough? Better off without him? Know what he don't know what's best for me!? He didn't know what I wanted! 

Ugh! I gathered up all my courage and anger and I was going to go down there and get my answers! The answer to why he was being the way he was. Why he couldn't just talk to me about it. Why he had to make the decision for the both of us.