Chapter Seven

It's been a long two weeks since the day Jace and Leah signed their lives away to start a life together as an engaged couple and become joint CEOs for their company. During this time, they had become close friends. It's expected since they live together and work together on the same floor.

Jace has been a little more affectionate, more than what Leah was expecting. He's been dropping kisses on her cheeks, small embraces here and there, and a little flirting in the office and at home. He compliments her every chance he gets, whether it's how beautiful she looks or how amazing she is.

Every time he does or says something sweet, she feels the butterflies flapping around her stomach, and her face always violently blushes. She has noticed that Jace loves her blush, he always tells her as such.

Everything is just so easy with Jace. They go home together after a long day at work. They either cook dinner together or order take-out. They sit together to eat, talking about this and that. They watch TV together. They practically do everything together and they don't even have to try and make conversation, it just flows naturally. There are no awkward silences, if neither of them has anything to say, they just stay quiet and it's comfortable. There's never a time when they feel like they have to say something, anything, to fill the quiet.

It's easy.

At the office, Leah had noticed that Rebecca had put a little space between her and Jace and she wasnt flirting with him, as much. Probably too scared about losing her job. But Leah hadn't been ignorant enough to notice the evil glares she had received from Rebecca every now and then. But since Leah is the better person, she just ignores them and keeps a friendly, professional relationship between them. Rebecca usually went through Jenna anyway if there were any messages for Leah.

Today was the night of their engagement party and they were in their respective bedrooms getting themselves ready for the night of fun, dancing and drinking with their friends and family.

Leah was already wearing her navy silk wrap-around dress that ended just below the knee. It hugged her curves, showing off her small waist and wider hips, and then flaring out slightly toward her legs so she could move and dance comfortably. She was finishing off her makeup when she heard a small tap on her bedroom door, followed by the door slowly opening and the most handsome face she enjoyed seeing, popping around the wooden barrier.

Jace's jaw slacked as his gaze fell on Leah's small frame. He was used to seeing her dressed up in her work attire or the loungewear she wore in the evening but this would be the first time seeing her looking stunning in a party dress. He stepped further into her bedroom to get a better look at her, and he was speechless. She was gorgeous. Her navy dress complimented her bright red hair and somehow made it stand out more, along with her forest green eyes.

"Wow..." He breathed out, unable to finish his sentence. Hell, unable to even think what the rest of his words were.

Leah giggled, feeling a splash of pink coating her cheeks, she quickly looked away and checked her makeup. She didn't want to keep blushing every time Jace complimented her, but it was too difficult. She couldn't understand how a man like him could compliment her the way he does daily and actually mean it. But before she could think more about it, she felt his presence behind her, before she felt his hands gripping her hips and pulling her back flush against his chest.

"You are so beautiful..." he whispered into her ear, not able to take his eyes away from her. Maybe he could fall in love with her.

"You're not looking so bad yourself," Leah replied with a wink and a cheeky grin. She could feel his deep chuckle vibrate against her back, and she almost melted into him. "Are you ready?"

With a slight nod of his head, Jace pulled away from Leah, only to hold his arm out for her to hold onto before they left her bedroom. He helped her down the stairs but before they reached their front door, Jace pulled her back slightly. Letting her arm loose, he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small square box.

Without hesitation, he dropped to one knee and after opening the box, he raised it higher for Leah to see. Her hands instinctively flew to her face and covered her mouth, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. She couldn't believe he was doing this. She just assumed that he would put the ring on her finger and that would be it. She never imagined he would be down on one knee like this.

"I know we are technically engaged, but I couldn't put a ring on your finger without doing this. It just didn't feel right. So, on that note... Leah, will you marry me?"

Leah was still rendered speechless so instead of answering with her voice, she nodded her head with a wide smile spreading across her face. Jace reciprocated and took out the ring from its confinement and slid it up Leah's ring finger. He gave it a small kiss before standing back to his full height, leaning forward and leaving a small but passionate kiss on her lips.

That was their first kiss together since they signed the contracts and Leah was hoping it wouldn't be the last. She felt her lips tingle and the butterflies invaded her tummy once again and she didn't want it to end.

Leah looked down at her finger and admired her engagement ring. It was a nine-karat white gold ring, with a round-shaped diamond in the centre and a row of smaller diamonds down either side of the band. It was minimalist and absolutely perfect.

Jace watched her admire her ring and he felt extremely proud of himself for deciding on that one. He had taken a long lunch from work a few days ago and landed himself in a jewellery store taking a look at different styles of rings. There was only one ring that had caught his eye, and something deep inside him was telling him to choose that one, which he did. And now he couldn't be happier, knowing he had picked out the perfect ring for his perfect bride.

"Thank you, Jace. This is perfect, I love it." Leah gushed, still admiring her ring before she lifted her eyes and locked them with the dark brown ones she had come to love. She saw the sweet smile gracing his lips and wanted more than anything to feel them on hers.

Jace noticed the way she was looking at his lips and couldn't stop himself from stepping forward and placing his own back onto hers. Sharing a slow, soft and passionate kiss. Leah's arms wrapped around Jace's shoulders, interlacing her fingers together, and Jace's hands gripped around her waist, holding her steady. The kiss lasted a few more moments before he pulled away, smiling. Leah's arms still wrapped around his neck slowly started to loosen before dropping them altogether, not able to hide the deep flush that was, once again, coating her cheeks.

Jace took her chin between his finger and thumb, lifting her face a little so he could enjoy the way her cheeks were flushing, knowing that he was the one who always seemed to cause this reaction in her.

"Leah, you don't have to thank me, you deserve this. I couldn't just put it on your finger and be done with it, it didn't feel right," he paused, letting that little bit of information sink in. "Shall we?" He lifted his arm again.

Instead of answering him, Leah slid her arm through his, once again as Jace escorted her out of their home. He locked the door and led her to his car, opening the passenger door and helping her in. He made sure she was comfortable before closing her door and racing around to his side, climbing in behind the wheel, before setting off.