Chapter Nine

After gaining Leah's attention, Jace led her over to his father who was then joined by Peter and his wife Marissa. Once the new couple joined them, Peter wrapped his arms around his daughter, pulling her into his embrace, "Hi Dad," Leah whispered. She had always been a Daddy's girl growing up, and even though she was now an adult, she knew that it would never change.

"Hey, sweetie, you look beautiful," Peter replied before releasing her with a big happy smile on his face, "just like your mother," he teased with a cocky grin on his face. He was the proudest man to have a beautiful woman on his arm and be able to call her his wife, and then the most beautiful little girl the world has ever seen and be able to call her his daughter. He has never been happier or prouder than he is at this moment.

"She always looks beautiful, Peter, I'm a lucky man," Jace said matter-of-factly. Leah looked over to Jace with a glint in her eyes and he chuckled at seeing the blush rise over her cheeks like they do every time he compliments her.

"That you are son, she's a diamond, and you'd be an idiot to think otherwise," Martin replied sternly, but when he caught Leah's eye, he gave her a smile and a wink, which earned him a giggle from the redhead.

Leah pulled away from her father's side and engulfed her mum in a tight embrace. Since she moved out of her family home, she hasn't seen her mum as much as she wished, but that didn't stop them from speaking on the phone almost every day.

"How are you, honey?" Marissa asked her daughter with her soft voice, while her hand rubbed up and down Leah's back, enjoying the contact, she had missed dearly, with her only daughter.

"I'm good, how are you?" Leah pulled back slightly so she could see her mum's face. Marissa was a beautiful woman, with her dark red hair and her high cheekbones. People have mistaken her for being in her thirties and seem incredibly shocked to find out she's nearing her fifties. Then they blurt out questions like who her plastic surgeon is. Marissa always enjoyed those questions, it made her laugh knowing she had never had any cosmetic surgery in her life. She has always looked after her skin, using delicate creams and serums, religiously, when she wakes up in the morning and before bedtime. It has been her daily routine since she was a teen, herself.

The group began talking and laughing when all of a sudden, Leah felt two arms glide around her waist to her stomach before being lifted from the floor and spun around in circles, letting out a shriek mixed with a loud laugh and then gently dropped back on her feet.

She spun around, still with the arms wrapped around her and came face-to-face, well more like face-to-neck with the height difference and saw the huge smile and the same forest green eyes as her own looking down at her, full of amusement.

"Hey, baby sis, congrats on the engagement. I've missed you," Jordan, Leah's older brother stated, the smile never leaving his face.

Jordan was older than Leah, at twenty-five, and he had his own accountant business that he had started a few years ago. He or his company wasn't as well known as the construction business but he was still known as the best accountant in most of London. He was extremely clever with numbers and always loved math at school. Even though he was very handsome, he was, surprisingly, still single. He hated the thought of settling down at his young age but he was never short of dates. Always a different woman to be texting.

Leah pulled away from the large arms of her brother, "I've missed you, too, Jord, I haven't seen you in forever."

Jordan greeted his parents, with a kiss on his mum's cheek, and a manly hug from his father, before turning to Martin and shaking his hand, "Good to see you, Martin." Next, he turned to Jace and offered his hand for another handshake. "Well, well, well, look who it is. Good to see you again, Jace, I hope you're looking after my baby sister and treating her well," Jordan gave Jace a pointed look with his statement, almost like he was secretly threatening Jace if he was to ever hurt his sister.