Chapter 4 : Stalking

Kaveri: Engaiyume kaanum.......

Kaveri was looking for a book in the college's library when all of her classes was over. She was bored to go around the college so she decided to grab a book and read for a while until Kumaran came and picked her up.

Kaveri: Ivloa periya library, ithulle entha book uh eduthu padikirathu? Hmm.......

Kaveri kept walking past every row of books, there was hardly any students in the library with her. Even the staff were hardly in the library, she was a bit terrified as she felt alone there.

Kaveri: Aiyo, inga yaarume illaye, ippo naa enna pandrathu? Thaniyaa vandhu maatikitena? Kadavulae......

When Kaveri was looking for a book she wanted to read with a nervous face, footsteps sound can be heard from behind her back, she stopped her steps all of a sudden and gulped hardly, fearing that someone might be following her.

Kaveri tried to calm herself down and continued to walk straight ahead without looking back, but the footsteps sound won't go away. Imagining the worst thing that could happen, she went inside one of the rows of the bookshelf and hid herself from the person who was following her.

Kaveri: Kaveri, eppadiyaachum un uyire nee kaapaathiko, illana first day first murder thaan.

As Kaveri was trembling in fear, the footsteps sound were getting closer to her. Her heart was beating louder that it can be heard from outside.

Kaveri: Illa, illa...naa yen bayapadanum? Ithu Kaveri, bold aana ponnu, dhairiyamaa fight pandrava naa, intha stalker eh paathulaam naa bayapada maaten. Ivloa dhairiyam iruntha yaarum illaatha yedhathule oru ponnu pinnadi follow pannuvaan. Mavanae, inniki unnaku irukku da!!

Kaveri looked around her surroundings and found a small and long metal pipe on the corner. She grabbed it immediately and gathered up his courage, ready to attack the person who followed her. She slowly took her steps lightly and sharpened her eyes, holding the pipe tightly to give the person a great shot.

The person was a few inches away from Kaveri, the sound of footsteps got even closer and closer. As soon as the person was next to her, she screamed and charged towards the person to attack, but the person caught the pipe before it could hit.

The person slowly raised the pipe down and looked at Kaveri with eagle eyes, that's when she realized the face she recognized. The same face she saw back in the canteen, with that same gesture and the same eyes. That's when they both got lost into each other's eyes for a second......

Kaveri: Vijay? Neengalaa?

It was none other than Vijay, he was following Kaveri from behind to stalk her, but he didn't expect that she was about to attack him with a metal pipe. He smiled with his sharpened eyes and stared at her.

Kaveri: Neenga.....neenga........

Vijay let go of the metal pipe and Kaveri slowly raised it down.

Vijay: Enna madam? First day le action ah? Athuvum enkitha, ithu puthusaa irukke....

Kaveri: Ithu onnum ennaku puthusu illa, ennathaan ennaku bayamaa irunthaalum dhairiyamum ennaku irukku, aabaththuku naa yeduththu poradhuven.

Vijay was astonished by Kaveri's bold attitude, the way she was holding the metal pipe and the bold face she had made him wonder if there's any other girl like her existed in this world.

Vijay: Appapapapa, intha boldness than ennaku romba pudichirukku, I like it.

Vijay raised his eyebrows twice with a wide smile, Kaveri looked at him confusingly and looked around the area. As she expected, they were alone in the library with no one around.