10. Under coercion

Severus proved to be more patient and persevering than she expected. When the school year started, he had to return to England, but that didn't stop him from returning to Hawaii whenever he could and waiting patiently sitting on the beach.

It was an expensive and exhausting process, but he was convinced that sooner or later, Hellen would give in. Besides, he found it amusing to see how exasperated she became when she saw him.

During the Christmas holidays, he was able to visit her daily again, and Hellen had to put up with Kapono's jokes when he saw that Severus was once again a regular customer at the bar.

"He must like you, he always sits in your sector," he laughed, winking at her maliciously.

"Shut up," she growled. She walked over to the table where the death eater was waiting, and almost knocked the beer over him, putting it down on the table with a thud. "Don't you ever get tired?"

"Do you?" he asked, with a half-smile. His dark eyes looked at her insolently. She snorted and walked angrily away.

That afternoon, finally, Hellen approached him on the beach. She was angry but determined to end that situation once and for all.

"I want to be clear, I am not going to surrender to the Ministry. I'd rather move to another place and start from scratch. And this time, you won't find me."

"I have no intention of giving you away," he looked at her calmly, but enjoying her expression of bewilderment. "Nobody cares about Hellen Smith. It's not worth the paperwork."

"What? Then, why don't you leave me alone? What do you want?"

"The name and whereabouts of the five death eaters who have not yet been captured."

"Are you serious?"

"In exchange, I will respect your secret."

"But I don't know anything!" Hellen protested. "I haven't heard from any of you since–"

"You can find them," he interrupted her, standing up. "If you have the same powers as your father, it shouldn't be a problem."

"Why don't you look for them? If you could find me, they should be easier to locate."

But Severus shook his head. He couldn't afford to pay a Seeker again.

"Somehow you will have to earn my silence," he looked at her critically, as if evaluating something, and before Hellen could react, Severus pounced on her, and in a quick gesture, cut off a lock of her hair.

"What are you doing?" Hellen stepped back scared, touching her hair. He showed her the small curl, shaking it teasingly between his fingers.

"In case it occurs to you to disappear again. With this I will be able to locate you without problems."

Hellen looked at him with anger and fear, feeling helpless, but she said nothing.

***

Narcissa walked worriedly through the hallways of Hogwarts. She knew she shouldn't do it alone, but she couldn't help it, she was so nervous. Besides, there was nothing else she could do, since the Lady was proving to be very elusive, and Narcissa couldn't always follow her.

The Lady's behavior was disconcerting, and Narcissa didn't quite know what to do. The Lady was not acting as expected of her, she had attacked her own death eaters, she had defended the students, even those who had attacked her, and she had not again subjected Dumbledore and his teachers to her will.